Help Help Help!! White Wine Mushroom Sauce

ashes22, Jan 24, 4:04am
I am needing to make a white wine mushroom sauce to go with steak without the cream does anyone have a decent recipe, need it by tonight lol!!!

cliveeb, Jan 24, 4:19am
For White Wine Mushroom Sauce:
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 sweet onion, chopped
8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 cup semidry white wine
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
In a large saute pan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter with olive oil. Add onions, mushrooms and cayenne pepper. Saute until onions are translucent and mushrooms are tender, about 8 minutes. Add wine and reduce until it's almost evaporated. Add chicken stock and simmer until reduced by one third. In a small bowl press together remaining butter and flour with fingertips until well blended, then slowly add to the sauce while stirring with a wooden spoon. Simmer until sauce resembles loose gravy, about 5 minutes.

peachygotit, Mar 7, 8:05am
1Small onion ( peeled and finely chopped)
1Tbsp oil or butter
100gr button mushrooms sliced
420g creamy mushroom soup (Condensed stuff)
1/2 cup dry white wine
2Tbsp chooped chives
1/4 - 1/2 cream ( optional)

Cook onion in oil or butter, for 3-5 min, add the wine and boil down to2Tbsp. Stir mushrooms, mushroom soup, chives and simmer for 2min. stir in Cream if your using it. best served with chicken, steak and roast veggies.

wpmoore, Mar 7, 8:56pm
Onionsmushroom add wine cook and reduce then add white sauce.
done.

rainrain1, Mar 7, 9:07pm
Yum, now I know what to have for tea tonight.I'm off to get some steak out of the freezer

rainrain1, Mar 8, 4:57am
cliveeb, your sauce is beautiful, it will be a favourite from now on. I like it because it has no cream, thanks for posting it

rainrain1, Mar 8, 9:07pm
Yum, now I know what to have for tea tonight.I'm off to get some steak out of the freezer

ashes22, Jan 24, 4:04am
I am needing to make a white wine mushroom sauce to go with steak without the cream does anyone have a decent recipe, need it by tonight lol!

cliveeb, Jan 24, 4:19am
For White Wine Mushroom Sauce:
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 sweet onion, chopped
8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 cup semidry white wine
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
In a large saute pan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter with olive oil. Add onions, mushrooms and cayenne pepper. Saute until onions are translucent and mushrooms are tender, about 8 minutes. Add wine and reduce until it's almost evaporated. Add chicken stock and simmer until reduced by one third. In a small bowl press together remaining butter and flour with fingertips until well blended, then slowly add to the sauce while stirring with a wooden spoon. Simmer until sauce resembles loose gravy, about 5 minutes.