Mushroom sauce.Info

blondie191, Jan 18, 12:09pm
How to make a easy and yummy mushroom sauce! Any info much appreciated :D

rainrain1, Jan 18, 6:24pm
I like this as it has no cream, therefore you get the full mushroom flavour, and if you have fresh paddock mushrooms, you are half-way to paradise.
Once you cook your steak and make the sauce, you will arrive at that wonderful place.

White Wine Mushroom Sauce
3 Tblsp butter
1 Tblsp olive oil
1/2 cup sweet onion chopped
8 ounces mushrooms sliced
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 cup white wine
1 + 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 Tblsp flour
Melt 2 Tblsp of the butter with the olive oil. Add onions, mushrooms and cayenne pepper. Saute until onions are translucent and mushrooms are tender.Add wine and reduce till it's almost evaporated.Add chicken stock and simmer till reduced by one third.In a small bowl press together the remaining butter and flour with fingertips until well blended, then slowly add to the sauce while stirring with a wooden spoon. Simmer till sauces resembles loose gravy, about 5 minutes

ldeezy, Jan 18, 9:36pm
2x tblsp butter
Place into saucepan 1/2 dozen roughly chopped mushrooms cook til soft
add1/2 cup cream to mushrooms salt n pep to taste
2x spoon Corn flour to cup o water stir into saucepan until thickened to your consistency
I hav had even food critics (my family) eat it with huge gratifying comments enjoy.

wheelz, Jan 18, 10:01pm
I do as Ideezy.

lavender32, Jan 18, 10:34pm
I sprinkle garlic pepper on the mushrooms while they are sauteing before the cream is added.

samanya, Jan 18, 11:44pm
I add a cap full of whisky .seems to bring out the flavour, somehow.
A tip I read on one of the mushroom paper bags.

pheebs1, Jan 19, 2:50am
even more simple is to make it in a rou sauce while mushrooms are cooking
cook mushrooms in butter and before all the butter is absorbed sprinkle on a tbsp or so of flour cook it of for a min or so and then stir in either milk or chicken stock ad herbs and salt and pepper to taste
cook till creamy and thick adding more liquid if neccesary
so nice on toast for a light sunday dinner top with a sprinkle of cheese
yummy spooned onto beef burgers
yum!