What to do with leftover roasted kumara?

Page 1 / 2
wildebeest, Jan 17, 8:07pm
any idea's?

crsdbl, Jan 17, 8:11pm
kumara salad. chopped kumara, spring onions and a mix of sour cream and mayo. so yummy.

fifie, Jan 17, 8:25pm
Kumera and Orange salad great way to use up leftovers to.
Orange kumera,2 oranges,red onion, spring onions or chives,2 tblsp red wine vinegar,2 tblsp oil, 2 tblsp sugar, s/gr pepper.
Peel kumera cut into thick chunks cook in steamer till cooked crunch tender (dosen't take long). Cool. Remove orange zest and keep, then cut skin off and cut into segments. Keep any juice if there is any. Peel onion slice thinly into rings. Chop chives or slice spring onions. Mix redwine vinegar, oil, salt pepper, sugar, orange zest and orange juice if you have any all together. Put cooled kumera in a bowl add onion rings, orange segments, chives or spring onionspour over pre mixed dressing and toss well to coat everything. Chill well before serving, can add a little chopped parsley for colour if you have it..

wildebeest, Jan 17, 8:41pm
yum thanks :)

rainrain1, Jan 17, 8:44pm
perhaps we could invent a salad, because I'm wondering what to do with some chicory I have here, and cold kumera sounds like it might be good with it, then maybe a boiled egg or 2.....anyone want to add something?

elliehen, Jan 17, 9:28pm
Put leftover kumara into a vegetarian curry, or use it as the base for a frittata.

lythande1, Jan 17, 10:55pm
Kumara souffle.
Mashed kumara, 3 egg yolks, 2 Tbsps sauted chopped onion, s+P, big handful grated cheese. Mix. Add 3 beaten till stiff egg whites, put into a greased dish and bake 30 mins or so until golden brown on top.

supercook, Jan 18, 12:05am
Frittata with any other leftovers

evorotorua, Jan 18, 1:23am
Oh rainrain, sounds nice already but I know a little bacon is lovely with chicory.

cottagerose, Jan 18, 4:44am
On a sandwichor bun with the leftover meat you had with kumera. I give this to my husband for lunch the next day

rainrain1, Jan 18, 5:12am
Yes bacon would have been nice,I mixed sliced chicoy, cold potato, boiled egg, blanched broccoli, tomato and made a lemon juice and rind dressing to pour over, ate half and gave half away

rainrain1, Jan 18, 5:28am
chicoy?Chicory :-)

tinkagirl, Jan 18, 7:54am
I love the sound of this one....

pickles7, Jan 18, 9:25am
This is just yum.Has to be very well cooked and mushy.

andrew499, Jan 18, 7:17pm
Fry the leftover kumara up with bacon and eggs for breakfast as you might with leftover potatoes.
cheers

jerrytravis, Jan 19, 1:49am
simply eat cold with a knob of butter. delicious

auntlb, Jan 19, 4:11am
Curry Roast Kumara & Bacon Salad

6 medium kumara (900 grams) peeled and cut lengthwise
Olive oil
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
6 rind less rashers bacon, cut in chunks
2 tablespoons light sour cream
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
1/3 cup fresh coriander, chopped

Heat oven to 200. Cut kumara in large chunks and place n a bowl, drizzle with oil & season. Roast for 20 minutes, add bacon and roast a further 20 minutes until kumara is tender and golden and the bacon is crisp. Remove to cool.
Whisk dressing ingredients together, season with salt and pepper.
Combine cooled kumara, bacon & celery in a bowl, scatter the coriander over and serve with dressing on the side to pour over.

noelee, Jan 19, 6:03am
Salad using roast kumera roast pumpkinchopped red onion and then either use one of these chopped ham mixed with garlic cooked with a bit of oil in a pan, bacon done the same way as the ham, or I have cooked a couple of chargrilled chicken patties sliced, cooked macaroni lastly mayonnaise. Mix altogether chopped spring onion is nice with it too.

timetable, Jan 19, 6:07am
mmmmmmmm on a pizza is really yum!!!!! add bacon, capsican, onion, a good base of tom sauce, and loads of herbs and cheese....

mudguts2, Jan 20, 1:33am
i often make a salad of

kumera
crispy bacon
orange
walnuts

toss all together with a dressing.

wildebeest, Jan 17, 8:07pm
any idea's!

fifie, Jan 17, 8:25pm
Kumera and Orange salad great way to use up leftovers to.
Orange kumera,2 oranges,red onion, spring onions or chives,2 tblsp red wine vinegar,2 tblsp oil, 2 tblsp sugar, s/gr pepper.
Peel kumera cut into thick chunks cook in steamer till cooked crunch tender (dosen't take long). Cool. Remove orange zest and keep, then cut skin off and cut into segments. Keep any juice if there is any. Peel onion slice thinly into rings. Chop chives or slice spring onions. Mix redwine vinegar, oil, salt pepper, sugar, orange zest and orange juice if you have any all together. Put cooled kumera in a bowl add onion rings, orange segments, chives or spring onionspour over pre mixed dressing and toss well to coat everything. Chill well before serving, can add a little chopped parsley for colour if you have it.

rainrain1, Jan 17, 8:44pm
perhaps we could invent a salad, because I'm wondering what to do with some chicory I have here, and cold kumera sounds like it might be good with it, then maybe a boiled egg or 2.anyone want to add something!

rainrain1, Jan 18, 5:28am
chicoy!Chicory :-)

tinkagirl, Jan 18, 7:54am
I love the sound of this one.