Best cake mixer?

Page 3 / 3
cookessentials, Jan 10, 8:58am
Sunbeam are crap and I have had way too many items from them that have not lasted. The older kenwoods and Sunbeams are TOTALLY different animals to the new ones.sorry, but it's a fact. If you have an oldie, treasure it, have it serviced and maintained.
The KitchenAids are 230 volt, they are wired specifically for NZ and Australia. KitchenAid are available in New Zealand, no need to have them sent!

cookessentials, Jan 10, 9:00am
No limited attachments, there are a huge number, including the new glass bowl with cover and the new pasta attachment for making tubular pasta.I saw the demo in Aussie in August, it was amazing. There is a catalogue available whiich shows you all the attachments that are available.

cookessentials, Jan 10, 9:02am
http://www.petermcinnes.com.au/Peter Mcinnes are the distributors in NZ and Australia, so this would be the better site to look at, it shows the new pasta attachment as well. http://www.petermcinnes.com.au/list_categories.php!TL1=KitchenAid Retail&TL2=Stand Mixers&TL3=Stand+Mixer+Acc-
essories

cookessentials, Jan 10, 8:58pm
In regards to! The standard artisan is perfect for what you want stormbaby. The other model is only a little bigger wattage and the mechanism for removing the bowl is different, which some people dont like. As for colour.they are all the same price, apart from the brushed nickel and the chrome. The candy apple red is their limited edition model to celebrate their 90th anniversary last year. it is quite gorgeous, with a slightly metallic look .just like a toffee apple red.

us2, Jan 12, 5:46am
Kenwood for sure.they been around for years, no worries getting serviced or parts.Good Warranties with the new ones and they are built well(and i don't even sell them)
Attachments can be ordered online direct from kenwoods website or ordered through stores.
They also have 0800 number where you can ring for friendly advise

whiteheron1, Jan 12, 10:07am
I'd have to agree with Kitchen Aid, have one at work been used alot in a commercial kitchen no problems for 5 years, just about to buy one for home, but my quote was about $700

pickles7, Jan 12, 7:52pm
No it was not a N.Z. site. you are right. Price was way out .

bunny51, Jan 12, 8:00pm
THis is the kenwood I have. It is great, big enough to fit anything in. I have had it for a while now and it has never missed a beat. IT gets plenty of use too.

sossie1, Jan 12, 8:07pm
I have a retro Sunbeam Mixmaster I bought for $30.00 of TM, I love it even tho it is not as good as a modern one. It weighs a ton but looks really cool.

cgvl, Jan 12, 9:07pm
I just bought a new Sunbeam Mixmaster Cafe series, in looks its exactly like the Kitchenaid but a considerable amount cheaper.
Not happy with the whisks though, otherwise it is great. Better than hand beating any day.

cookessentials, Jan 12, 10:39pm
This thread is from a year ago, however, pickles in her infinite wisdom thinks it a great idea to bump it and make a stupid comment which seems to be the norm for her. In answer to the question last posted on 14th Jan 2011.no, this is an American siteas at the time of my link, NZ did not have a website. They are $995 and at times retailers may have a promotional deal, you just might have to check various ones.

uli, Jan 12, 11:15pm
sure.

sikofstuf, Jan 13, 8:09am
Actually I have a breville that looks like the kitchen aid- I've had it 2 years, and I use it at LEAST 4 times a day- I bake anywhere from 6-16 cakes a week, and their icings. I think it's great! Love it- it hasnt ever failed me, and is still going great! For the price of $350 odd, I'd recommend it :-)

seniorbones, Jan 13, 9:10am
I've said it before but I love repeating myself so hope I dont bore you.I LOVE LOVE LOVE my kitchen aide and so glad I waited and saved up the extra to get it, just about every programme cooking and otherwise 99% of the time kitchenaid is used.I still havent made the saussies Pam but will be this weekend I'm going to do the pork from Ruth Pretty's recipe.

greg.n.michelle, Jan 13, 9:43am
I have had my kitchenaid for a few years now and no problems at all and much quieter than the other brands I have been around. But ask to test drive your friends and go into kitchen shops and ask, places like Milly's has one set up to use and play with!

cookessentials, Jan 13, 9:59am
LOL, no I dont. The old Kenwoods are great, no question, the new ones however are not the same. I know the KitchenAid and have many a happy customer as well as using the brand myself. I find the comment about the baker interesting as I know a number of professional che's who use them and love them. Yes Kenwood has been around for years.actually since the 1940s, however, KitchenAid has been around for ninety one years. I like the fact that they are gear driven not belt driven, all metal construction and assembled by hand in the USA unlike Kenwood which has many a plastic part and is made in China, but hey, go for what suits you at the end of theday. What one person loves, another wont.

elliehen, Jan 13, 10:10am
Off-topic, but cookessentials, don't forget to take your mosquito repellant ;)