While the shops are putting Christmas food items

Page 3 / 3
bedazzledjewels, Oct 7, 11:51pm
Some of those are very flash!
I'm going to try chocolate covered bacon.

elliehen, Oct 7, 11:58pm
ALISON HOLST'S INSTANT STRAWBERRY ICECREAM

For 3–4 servings
2 cups frozen (diced) free-flow strawberries
½ cup icing sugar
about ½ cup chilled cream, milk or yoghurt

Chop berries into 5mm–1cm cubes. Fruit must be frozen hard, free-flow and in small pieces when used. Tip into food processor bowl. Work quickly to keep fruit very cold. Process with metal chopping blade until fruit is finely chopped (10–20 seconds). This is a noisy operation. Without delay, add the icing sugar and process briefly until mixed.

With machine running, add the chilled liquid of your choice through the feed-tube in a fine stream, until a smooth, frozen cream has formed. The amount needed varies from batch to batch. Stop as soon as the mixture is evenly textured and creamy.

Serve ice cream made with chilled milk or yoghurt immediately. If made with cream, it may be frozen for later use if desired. Options: Experiment with other berries, berry mixtures and cubed raw fruit. Berries with many seeds are not successful and bland fruit does not make memorable ice cream.

moviebug, Oct 8, 12:05am
Who's looking forward to the seasonal glut of strawberries! I can always rely on strawberries to make any occasion festive.[/quote]

Me. I agree that they are just so festive. I don't have a glut of them these days though. I wish I did.

buzzy110, Oct 8, 12:09am
Lol. Or how about bacon flavoured Three Fruit Ice Cream.

bedazzledjewels, Oct 8, 12:10am
Interesting! Sea Salt chocolate is good, so I think choc bacon might be similar. Might take a while to refine the technique though!

Regarding strawberries - they're not my favs - I associate cherries and raspberries more with Christmas

tarshlove, Oct 8, 1:30am
OMFG I come on here to look up recipes and share mine. I don't want to read all this BS! Keep it to your self. Pity you cant vote people off! Everyone has an opinion YOU DON'T NEED TO SHARE IT EVERY TIME! If you don't have anything nice to say don't post! It really is that simple! Talk about a negative experience if some one was posting for the 1st time!

bedazzledjewels, Oct 8, 2:44am
Well, this second page was going well until you brought it up again Tarshlove. Some of us do try you know! ;-)

bedazzledjewels, Oct 8, 3:01am
Have a look at who resurrected this thread - and why did he choose to bump up this one rather than the long-running Christmas recipe thread!

davidt4, Oct 8, 3:06am
Of course!I should have guessed.

buzzy110, Oct 8, 4:18am
Absolutely. No more negative posting. You must try harder to be much more positive. Smiley faces, recipes and good humour only please tarsh.

elliehen, Oct 8, 4:32am
More love then, for anyone feeling unloved or unlovely ;)

buzzy110, Oct 8, 4:40am
And hearts as well. Do you feel unloved and unlovely!

knowsley, Oct 8, 5:23am
I was excited when I saw the OP's recipe, and felt that others, who might have missed this thread, should see it and feel the love. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect it to take a turn for the worse.

bedazzledjewels, Oct 8, 5:29am
Tui!

buzzy110, Oct 8, 5:31am
Now it is back on track with good humour and niceness.

knowsley, Oct 8, 5:54am
Yep, back on track, indeed.