Easy yummy ciabatta bread

Page 3 / 6
johne21, Jul 27, 8:28pm
What a cool recipe. I've got my first batch at the rising stage & it's looking good,so easy,the way bread making should be. Making one big loaf,didn't want to get hands too dirty. Hopefully will rise up & not out or I may be in trouble. Let you know how it goes as one loaf & tastes later on. Anyway time to get the soup on,lunch done.

ufo210, Jul 27, 9:35pm
Hi, For Buzzys recipe,what temperature water do you use? Thanks

beaker59, Jul 28, 2:03am
I just do everything at room temp, if you are using the granulated yeast you could soak it first in a little warmer water to dissolve and hydrate then go for it. Does tend to work better in Summer than winter though so perhaps proving in a warmer spot would work better.

johne21, Jul 28, 2:20am
Made bread for lunch,done as one big loaf. The bread came out light & full of air,tasty,crusty,chewy & overall really nice. No more buying from the supermarket for me. Second lot on for tomorrow but have replaced 1 cup of flour with semolina. Would be nice with some toasted cumin seeds in or sea salt on top just to add a bit of flavor.

johne21, Jul 28, 8:28pm
What a cool recipe. I've got my first batch at the rising stage & it's looking good,so easy,the way bread making should be. Making one big loaf,didn't want to get hands too dirty. Hopefully will rise up & not out or I may be in trouble. Let you know how it goes as one loaf & tastes later on. Anyway time to get the soup on,lunch done.

ufo210, Jul 28, 9:35pm
Hi, For Buzzys recipe,what temperature water do you use! Thanks

squeakygirl, Aug 2, 12:03am
I found 2 oval stainless pans and put the dough in those after mixing. Left it for the 18 hours and baked. Has come out fine but next time will put baking paper on the bottom of pans as they stuck a wee bit even though I greased them well..

squeakygirl, Aug 3, 12:03am
I found 2 oval stainless pans and put the dough in those after mixing. Left it for the 18 hours and baked. Has come out fine but next time will put baking paper on the bottom of pans as they stuck a wee bit even though I greased them well.

fisher, Aug 4, 6:18am
Just a few hints you may or may not want to try.
(1) Grind up some pumpkin and sunflower seeds leaving chunkyish and add during mixing.
(2) I use warm water. helps the yeast.
(3) I use a small cast iron pot and pre heat it till HOT in the oven. .place in loaf and then cook for 40 mins at 190.
(4) using a sharp knife, make slices in the top before placing in oven for a nice effect.

buzzy110, Aug 4, 6:23am
I'd love to take the credit for the recipe but it was first drawn to my attention by beaker who got it from pickles. Any thanks should go directly to them I think.

buzzy110, Aug 5, 6:23am
I'd love to take the credit for the recipe but it was first drawn to my attention by beaker who got it from pickles. Any thanks should go directly to them I think.

westigal, Aug 11, 12:25am
Bump. too good to disappear down the list.
Even easier that the slow cooker bread, so good not having to buy bread now. hardest part is keeping the "wolves" at bay.
i.e son standing watching bread cook with bread knife in hand.

gardie, Aug 11, 4:47am
At school today, I made 7 batches of this with the 5/6 year olds for our hangi tomorrow.It's sitting on the bench proving all ready for shaping tomorrow.Can't wait for them to taste it - and the others teachers can't wait either.(I think they were all going home to give it a go tonight).Awesome, awesome recipe.

otterhound, Aug 12, 12:07am
Isn't it just the best ever bread recipe!I make it all the time now - it's the only bread we have.As soon as I put a batch in the oven I get another batch going.Love the idea of putting it in baking pans - and doing it straight after mixing so there's no re-handling of the dough.=)

gardie, Aug 12, 4:47am
At school today, I made 7 batches of this with the 5/6 year olds for our hangi tomorrow.It's sitting on the bench proving all ready for shaping tomorrow.Can't wait for them to taste it - and the others teachers can't wait either.(I think they were all going home to give it a go tonight).Awesome, awesome recipe.

beaker59, Aug 12, 5:04am
I only found it by googling Ciabatta recipe when I fancied trying to make some a couple of years back has become a bit of a family favourite. So have to hand the credit back to the maker of that Video http://foodwishes.com

buzzy110, Aug 12, 5:22am
Either way, your find was very fortuitous methinks. It is obviously helping lots of people to make bread, who would never have done so before. It was very good of you to share your experience and recipe and so start a minor craze of ciabatta bread making in NZ. I'm hoping the trend will snowball and more teachers will show children and parents how to make it.

beaker59, Aug 12, 6:43am
Very true Buzzy it certainly proves that making bread is allot easier than people think. It started me on sourdough too when I started looking into the bread threads like your sourdough one after I started on the Ciabatta.

otterhound, Aug 13, 12:07am
Isn't it just the best ever bread recipe!I make it all the time now - it's the only bread we have.As soon as I put a batch in the oven I get another batch going.Love the idea of putting it in baking pans - and doing it straight after mixing so there's no re-handling of the dough.=)

buzzy110, Aug 13, 5:22am
Either way, your find was very fortuitous methinks. It is obviously helping lots of people to make bread, who would never have done so before. It was very good of you to share your experience and recipe and so start a minor craze of ciabatta bread making in NZ. I'm hoping the trend will snowball and more teachers will show children and parents how to make it.

buzzy110, Jan 1, 7:16am
Here is Beaker's recipe from the sour dough thread as well.

OK Ciabatti recipe I used is all in cups and 100% successful so far.

2 cups water
4 cups flour
2 teaspoons salt
¼tsp yeast
A splash of olive oil

Stir up into a sticky dough and leave on the bench for 18hours to rise then split in half and form into two flatish loaves on a baking tray careful not to deflate too much
Leave in the oven for half an hour to prove a bit more then turn on to 190c fan bake for 30 minutes.

Enjoy, I use 3 white to 1 wholemeal flour but traditionally its all white flour
It takes 19 hours but only 15 minutes work.

pickles7, Jan 1, 8:42am
http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Make-No-Knead-Ciabatta-Bread-213126958

same as yours.buzzy110. but you can see it being made.

griffo4, Jun 10, 1:00am
OOOh that sounds really nice l will have to try both recipes
l have got a loaf on the go at present with all white flour and l am using some of the tips l picked up from the video link you posted

harrislucinda, Jun 10, 2:50am
justmademine todayquickandeasy2steps1in thebreadmakerthensecondstepinthemicrowavethenbakemakes2loaveshaverecipeifwanted

mwood, Jun 10, 3:06am
OK I'll join the club and go and try some now.