Easy yummy ciabatta bread

Page 2 / 6
jaz8, Feb 26, 3:53am
Excuse my ignorance, but what is the proper pronunciation for either of the words?

jaz8, Feb 26, 3:53am
Excuse my ignorance, but what is the proper pronunciation for either of the words!

helenandjohn, Mar 17, 2:04am
Ciabatta is pronounced 'Cheeabatta'. The letter 'c' is pronouced as a 'ch' eg .Ciao sounds like 'chow'

elliehen, Mar 17, 2:11am
And it means the loaf is shaped like a slipper :)

davidt4, Mar 17, 2:58am
brew SKETT a
cha BAHTT a

helenandjohn, Mar 18, 2:04am
Ciabatta is pronounced 'Cheeabatta'. The letter 'c' is pronouced as a 'ch' eg .Ciao sounds like 'chow'

griffo4, Jun 9, 9:54pm
Thanks for the recipe Beaker l made it yesterday and it is so easy and sooooo nice l also made another one that had a sponge mix that stood for 12 hrs then you made up the rest and it was alot softer and alot more work involved so l will be using your recipe from now on so easy and nice

griffo4, Jun 10, 1:43am
Do you use high grade flour or can you use plain flour!

beaker59, Jun 10, 2:42am
They both work High grade is better, I have also used wholemeal which is also good.

Surprised this keeps coming up. I have been making a few loaves myself lately.

griffo4, Jun 10, 3:38am
someone was talking about making ciabatta and l did a search on here and it came up and with your name to the recipe l knew it would be good and it is
l made one lot with plain flour then remembered to use high grade but l didn't notice much difference between them, they have all been eaten ;-))

Thanks for posting and l watched the video as well which was good but l had done pretty much the same anyway but always nice to see how someone else does it

l think this recipe keeps popping up because staple foods are always needed and someone is always looking for this type of easy recipe

l will try some wholemeal flour with my next lot

thanks again

beaker59, Jun 10, 10:51pm
If you go Wholemeal try it mixed with white I find that all wholemeal is really nice and a great loaf in its own right but it is a different bread with a more even rise and quite different crumb and texture. When I do wholemeal then I make it with a little less water and a stiffer dough so that it rises into a taller loaf guess its not really Ciabatta then.

gardie, Jun 17, 7:43am
bump for video

imasupagran, Jun 17, 11:06am
Would it work with gluten free flour?

imasupagran, Jun 18, 11:06am
Would it work with gluten free flour!

julzienz, Jul 13, 4:52am
I was going to make this bread tonight to have tomorrow, and see that it has to rise for quite a while. I assume that you just leave it on the bench because it doesn't say "rise in a warm place", but it's pretty cold here in Wellington, especially overnight (our house won't be heated at all). Will it matter if the dough is sitting out in the cold all night? Will it still rise okay? tia.

beaker59, Jul 13, 2:53pm
Probably a bit late now but I work nights so this is my evening time Wellington doesn't get that cold but sure it will take a bit longer, but there will be a warm spot somewhere Maybe try the bench over the dishwasher then set it going before bedtime or a chilli bin with a hot water bottle. otherwise you can increase the yeast to double to give it a head start

julzienz, Jul 14, 2:19am
Thanks, I have put it in the hot water cupboard (it's not really that warm in there, but not chilly like it is in the kitchen). Hopefully it'll turn out in time for tea!

julzienz, Jul 14, 4:52am
I was going to make this bread tonight to have tomorrow, and see that it has to rise for quite a while. I assume that you just leave it on the bench because it doesn't say "rise in a warm place", but it's pretty cold here in Wellington, especially overnight (our house won't be heated at all). Will it matter if the dough is sitting out in the cold all night! Will it still rise okay! tia.

beaker59, Jul 14, 2:53pm
Probably a bit late now but I work nights so this is my evening time Wellington doesn't get that cold but sure it will take a bit longer, but there will be a warm spot somewhere Maybe try the bench over the dishwasher then set it going before bedtime or a chilli bin with a hot water bottle. otherwise you can increase the yeast to double to give it a head start

julzienz, Jul 15, 2:19am
Thanks, I have put it in the hot water cupboard (it's not really that warm in there, but not chilly like it is in the kitchen). Hopefully it'll turn out in time for tea!

otterhound, Jul 22, 11:01pm
Well I finally got around to trying therecipe in post # 2 cos I got sick, of paying $3.75 a loaf for ciabatta.Was highly sceptical cos it seemed just too easy, but thought I didn't have much to lose if it flunked - 4 cups of flour doesn't cost that much!Am now on my 3rd batch of the stuff and tend always to have some "on the go" to try and keep up with demand.It's fantastic, and it really is as easy as it sounds!Thank you so much for the recipe - I'll never buy another loaf of ciabatta again!

otterhound, Jul 23, 11:01pm
Well I finally got around to trying therecipe in post # 2 cos I got sick, of paying $3.75 a loaf for ciabatta.Was highly sceptical cos it seemed just too easy, but thought I didn't have much to lose if it flunked - 4 cups of flour doesn't cost that much!Am now on my 3rd batch of the stuff and tend always to have some "on the go" to try and keep up with demand.It's fantastic, and it really is as easy as it sounds!Thank you so much for the recipe - I'll never buy another loaf of ciabatta again!

helenandjohn, Jul 26, 7:28am
I agree - it's a great recipe. So easy peasy and the end result is so yummy - too yummy!

claudds, Jul 26, 10:19am
itsoundsdelicousmighthavea try. yummy.

helenandjohn, Jul 27, 7:28am
I agree - it's a great recipe. So easy peasy and the end result is so yummy - too yummy!