Kangaroo for Dinner

granada, Dec 27, 11:08am
anyone eaten Kangaroo before. My dearly beloved brought some last year and cooked it like a steak. I found it tough and couldnt eat it.
Brought some more on special and did the Samoan Chop Suey recipe with vermicelli, soy sauce, ginger ,garlic and onions and it was delicious. i think the trick was the long slow cook and the infusion of other flavours,Its always a bit of mind over matter.

lythande1, Dec 27, 5:31pm
Yes. Treat it like venison.
Depending which part of the kangaroo you have, yes it may be tough. Same as any other animal - there's the tender parts and the stewing parts.

uli, Dec 27, 8:05pm
So where did you bring it to - and what they do with it?

anne1955, Dec 27, 8:22pm
Roo's lovely cooked right and the older and bigger it is like most things the slower you need to cook it...I miss not being able to buy it here.Roo tail leaves oxtail for dead far more flavor...yummy also young goat is great eating...wild goat leg roasted is lovely nicer than lamb...

vintagekitty, Dec 27, 8:58pm
I have tasted kangaroo steaks and didnt like it. I dont like venison either. Poor skippy, poor bambi!

bedazzledjewels, Dec 27, 9:33pm
Roo is fantastic, but I've never cooked it myself as I haven't found anyone selling it!

budgel, Dec 30, 8:20am
I remember getting it in pies when I lived in Aussie in the seventies.
There was a bit of a fuss about it but I found it was delicious.

greenforde, Dec 30, 9:10am
Good grief you people would eat anything.Yuk. You must be starving.

beaker59, Dec 30, 10:27am
Yummy skippy burgers, put it through a mincer for best results.

Greenforde its just meat quite nice meat actually :)

lythande1, Dec 25, 3:14pm
Poor lambie. Poor chicky.