What are you decorating your pav with?

Page 1 / 2
supercook, Dec 24, 9:02am
Strawberries and berry couli sauce and maybe chocolate flake have the mini flakes from the favourites box

sclaredy_cat, Dec 24, 9:11am
I am going with cherries, pistachios and chopped chocolate for a change this year, but will no doubt relent and throw on some strawberries too :O)

seniorbones, Dec 24, 9:50am
I have done mine as a wreath, as long as it comes off the paper! and will decorate with blackberries, raspberries,tayberries, strawberries and blueberries, I have some tiny trees and glitter as well as mint at the bottom so hopefully it will work. I will post a photo if it does.

gaspodetwd, Dec 24, 10:16am
Similar to senior bones -but with white chocolate drizzles over the top too. Also gone for tayberries, and all the other berries - and cherries. I don't do glitter either. Oh and I am adding gold kiwifruit for colour.

annie.nz, Dec 24, 7:04pm
Cool, a wreath!

naki45, Dec 24, 7:27pm
Strawberries/blueberries/raspb-
erries and choc drops.

The wreath sounds awesome!

hott-mama, Dec 24, 8:08pm
wow .. a wreath .. how clever ..

would love to see a pic ..

Im just crumblingFlake over the cream and topping with strawberries, kiwifruit and a few cherries ..

andrea1978, Dec 24, 8:59pm
strawberries, blueberries & cherries - maybe nectarine slices too :)

uli, Dec 24, 10:06pm
How did you wreath it?

paghan, Dec 25, 1:19am
Blueberries and cherries, and chocolate shavings, I can wait :)

And my lovely kind neighbour made a cheesecake for us as well

lindylambchops1, Dec 25, 7:49am
Home grown raspberries, slivers of almonds & lashings of cream....naughty but very nice!;)

fruitluva2, Dec 25, 11:20pm
Black doris plums with a plum couli sauce.

macwood2, Dec 26, 2:03am
Tried to make the wreath as well a la Cuisine Magazine but it didn't seal and oozed out of the base of the paper.Threw it out after an hour in the oven and started afresh with my regular pav.Would be interested to see how others got on with it.I am an experienced cook, so don't know how I turned out so bad!

usualsuspect, Dec 26, 11:25am
raspberries and cream whipped together in the wizz its devine and makes the cream pink...YUMBO..add icing sugar if desired

gaspodetwd, Dec 24, 10:16am
Similar to senior bones -but with white chocolate drizzles over the top too. Also gone for tayberries, and all the other berries - and cherries. I don't do glitter either. Oh and I am adding gold kiwifruit for colour.

hott-mama, Dec 24, 8:08pm
wow . a wreath . how clever .

would love to see a pic .

Im just crumblingFlake over the cream and topping with strawberries, kiwifruit and a few cherries .

uli, Dec 24, 10:06pm
How did you wreath it!

lindylambchops1, Dec 25, 7:49am
Home grown raspberries, slivers of almonds & lashings of cream.naughty but very nice!;)

uli, Dec 25, 11:19pm
bump for another pavlova season.

lyl_guy, Dec 25, 11:25pm
The BEST pavlova I've ever tasted was made by a young workmate of mine, it was topped with raspberries. the tartness of the raspberries really counteracted the sweetness of the meringue (sp!). it was BEAUTIFUL!

uli, Dec 25, 11:27pm
Hmmm I am growing the wrong kind then.
Mine are all sweet as .

. so maybe I need to put more vinegar into the pav and do it other way round!

lyl_guy, Dec 25, 11:29pm
Not sure if she used frozen raspberries/ or where they came from, but they had a real tarty 'bite' to them, lol!

macwood2, Dec 26, 2:03am
Tried to make the wreath as well a la Cuisine Magazine but it didn't seal and oozed out of the base of the paper.Threw it out after an hour in the oven and started afresh with my regular pav.Would be interested to see how others got on with it.I am an experienced cook, so don't know how I turned out so bad!

lindylambchops1, Dec 26, 2:46am
I covered my pavlova with Barker's Lemon Spread then whipped cream & decorated with icing sugared brandied fresh strawberries which I 1/4'd.It was delicious!Thank you pickles for the recipe.I did half quantity.

fifie, Dec 26, 2:59am
This year i made a 8 egg one,cream, a packet ofwell drained frozen raspberries piled in middle with choc curls round the outside, wasthe size of oven tray almost. It was a hit as someone says the tartness of berries, of set all the sweetness. Someone produced a chickorypav with a caramel filling and cream sandwiched together and that was different and very nice.