Tupperware sponge berry dessert

shar47, Dec 23, 11:06pm
x4
hi, does anyone remember how to make this?
I have forgotten if have to add cream into it when making.
Using the tupperware mold ring thing. Sponge cake-berries out of tin. Break sponge up layer berries. layer sponge. layer berries. layer sponge. Pour juice over. Mold up-but do i add cream?

molly37, Dec 24, 12:54am
i dont think you have to be precise with this, sponge followed byberry juice sprinkled over, then cream, berries, sponge etc, keep layering. Are you adding the melted chocolate in between. Melt one kingsize bar of Dairy Milk, mix in with a small pottle of cream. Layer this in between as well then pour all over the top. Delicious.

kzproperty, Dec 24, 1:04am
I was about to make this too...do you put an instant jelly mix in too? I cant remember...

fatdat, Dec 24, 1:14am
Yes from memory it is layered all the way .

shar47, Dec 24, 1:52am
layered with the cream too?
no jelly...

fatdat, Dec 24, 2:37am
Yes and I dont know about using the juice asds it would make it to wet.No jelly.

k99fire, Dec 24, 4:36am
x1
I do this all the time - here's the recipe I use:

2-3 capfuls of cointreaux (or other non-creamy alcohol
Chocolate 'flake' bar
Round chocolate sponge
Tin of boysenberries
300 ml cream (whipped)

1) sprinkle flake around the base of jell-mould
2) slice sponge halves through to give 4 rounds. Slice each 'round' into 8th's (like a pizza)
3) put first layer of sponge (8 bits) around base. Squish in hard
4) spoon in drained boysenberries
5) pour on 1/2 the juice (with alcohol in it)
6) spoon on 300mls (stiff) whipped cream
7) second layer sponge
8) add more juice (about 1/2 of what's left)
9) seal, invert, and refrigerate.

Works best if kept in the fridge overnight before serving as everything has a chance to meld together nicely. YUM! :)

jaybee6, Jan 10, 9:48am
Use some custard exactly as you would for a trifle.You can add jelly that has been set and broken up.

birdfeeder, Jan 11, 7:29am
I still make this occasionally - i drizzle some of the boysenberry juice into the contaner.I then put in a layer of sponge,then whipped cream,then boysenberries then whipped cream, then sponge then finish with the last of the juice. I put the lid on and turn it occasionally so the juice soaks through the sponge.When it is served i sprinkle with choc chips. Yummmm

sarahb5, Sep 7, 9:51pm
I use chocolate swiss roll for mine - so swiss roll, cream, chocolate chips or crumbled Flake, boysenberries with some juice, cream, chocolate then swiss roll and the rest of the juice.Have also made it with tinned strawberries and vanilla/jam swiss roll - was good but not as good

griffo4, Sep 8, 12:15am
Drools all over the keyboard,lol
l never heard of this recipe but l will be c&p now with all your variations
Thank you all for sharing

sarahb5, Sep 8, 12:40am
x1
It was this recipe that was demonstrated at a party I hosted and that's why I bought the jel ring - I have also made tiramisu in it very successfully

nzhel, Sep 8, 4:18am
x1
Could you post the Tiramisu recipe sarahb5 please!
The original tupperware dessert was made with tinned plums as I tasted it many years ago and it is lovely as the tart plums go so well with the sweetness of the sponge. I think the plums were halved and may from memory have been put in first with the sponge on top then the cream was the final layer. Anyway someone else may know exactly how it was put together!

sarahb5, Sep 8, 4:30am
x2
I just found a tiramisu recipe in one of my existing cookery books and adapted it/made it up as I went along

rarogal, Sep 8, 6:42am
x1
Stop it, stop it, Im on Jenny Craig!

kinna54, Sep 8, 9:59am
I have the really old recipe and mould. You layer the sponge, boysenberrys and cream and finish with a layer of sponge. After it's been in the fridge for awhile you turn it upside down, so that the juice and colour spreads throughout the whole bowl. I prefer to pre soak the sponge a little in the boysenberry juice, or just with a spoon drizzle the boysenberry juice over each sponge layer. you don't need to add a lot of juice otherwise the mix can be too wet, but you do need some, so as you don't get a bit of dry sponge at the bottom.

bappy, Sep 8, 8:29pm
Would the recipe here be the same as a summer pudding or is that something different!

bappy, Sep 8, 8:39pm
Can fresh season fruit be used instead of canned fruit!

sarahb5, Sep 8, 9:02pm
Summer pudding is different - made with bread and berries - but you could certainly use the jel ring for that which I've never thought about before - I love summer pudding

davidt4, Sep 8, 9:03pm
Summer Pudding is different - it is made with bread, red currants, raspberries and sugar, and is not as sweet as the confections described in this thread.

sarahb5, Sep 8, 9:08pm
I haven't thought about it before but I'm pretty sure you could make a really easy version of summer pudding using the jel ring and frozen mixed berries - wouldn't be exactly the "traditional" recipe but would be pretty easy - I always struggle to find something heavy enough but small enough to weight it but you wouldn't need to do that with the jel ring would you!