Tupperware Mould for making Sandwiches

beewee, Aug 1, 10:40pm
I have bought one of those large jelly moulds to make sandwiches for a wedding.
I am not sure how to go about it, can anyone help. Which way do you place the bread and what fillings do you suggest?

purplegoanna, Aug 1, 11:30pm
just bumped the old thread for you...

norton, Aug 2, 6:00am
These are really yummy what ever you put in them - cut the crusts off and cut each in half. I used to butter top layer and put chopped parsely in then the bread but now dont bother with the butter. I have put layers of ham with pickle or chutney, egg mashed with dressing, sliced tomato, sliced cucumber, lettuce with dressing, grated cheese with pineapple. I found if the ingredients were dry etc cheese put somthing like pineapple with it to help it stick. Also you dont need too much on each layer. You have just solved my problem of what to take for morning tea on Wednesday was trying to think of something different but easy! Thanks Have also had a lovely dessert made in this with choc sponge, cream and fruit layered very nice and naughty! ! LOL

subo, Dec 21, 8:01am
Another idea too.
Approx 18 slices bread, buttered, cut off crusts and slice in half to now give you 36 rectangle slices
3 different layers of fillings e. g. curried or plain egg (approx 3), ham or any deli meats, grated
cheese, relish or pickles, shredded lettuce, grated carrot, mayonnaise, sliced tomato

. Place 1 layer bread in the base of the jel-ring, over lapping the bread butter side facing towards
you. Spoon over egg mixture covering the first layer.
. Repeat bread layer, over lapping the slices as you go, add ham and pickle.
. Repeat bread layer, add cheese and tomato.
. Repeat bread layer, add lettuce, grated carrot and mayonnaise.
. Finish with last layer of bread butter side facing towards the centre.
. Make sure you press firmly when filling layers. Refrigerate and serve.