Carrot filling for sandwiches

walker18, Jul 14, 10:23pm
Please I use tomato but would like another red filling (not Beetroot0

coniproducts, Jul 14, 11:00pm
I had a lovely dip the other day which was beetroot and cream cheese blended together... . I know you said not beetroot but was that because of the 'bleeding' effect. This dip would be lovely spread on bread.

2halls, Jul 14, 11:16pm
Finely grated carrot mashed with a soft feta cheese would be delicious :-)

walker18, Jul 14, 11:19pm
Yes it is because of the bleeding I would like your recipe please

fifie, Jul 14, 11:25pm
Grated carrot grated cheese or feta and mayo, Grated carrot cottage cheese chopped chives, grated carrot chopped celery cream cheese is a few fillings.

walker18, Jul 14, 11:28pm
Thank You I Would like the beetroot dip recipe to please. I will have a great variety. I am making a few loaves for a funeral tomorrow.

elliehen, Jul 14, 11:49pm
Grated carrot, dates and cream cheese is my all-time favourite.

pickles7, Jul 15, 12:06am
Mashed, golden or orange kumera, salt and pepper. won't fall out, like grated carrot. No need for mayo or cream cheese .

pickles7, Jul 15, 12:10am
sorry, just saw the need for carrot ideas. I wouldn't use raw carrots myself. I par boil carrots even to use in salads.

horizons_, Jul 15, 12:38am
Now I am curious pickles. Why not raw carrots?

horizons_, Jul 15, 12:40am
Capsicum (red), cucmber and onion (or spring onion) finely diced and mixed with cream cheese to amke a yummy dip or spread.

pickles7, Jul 15, 12:49am
I never used them because of the risk of grated carrot being dropped out onto the floor. Couldn't afford the time cleaning that up all day. I like a raw carrot to eat, just not grated in a sandwich or raw in a salad. just a preference, thing.

jaybee2003, Jul 15, 6:23am
Carrot sandwich filling.

Great for Club sandwiches. [And it doesn't fall out onto the floor! ] Lovely with shaved ham. For catering for a funeral, I can assure you that even sammies covered with gladwrap made 3 - 5 hours beforehand, don't go soggy.

4 T grated cheese, 2 med carrots grated, 1 finely chopped spring onion, ½ packet cream cheese (250g packet), Mayonnaise, Parsley to taste. 1tsp cinnamon

If making up the night beforehand, don't add too much mayo as too much mayo can make it can go runny. In fact, it is best added on the day. Add and mix in the cinammon JUST BEFORE spreading.

For bulk catering, 4x the quantities above fill a 2 litre icecream container [but don't increase the cinammon, the spring onion, or the mayo by 4 - use less and to taste/texture.

People always ask for the recipe for this one when it has been used.

rainrain1, Jul 15, 8:39pm
Grated carrot, celery, mixed with cream cheese is nice

margyr, Jul 16, 12:21am
I used to go to a sandwich bar in Hamilton and they made sandwiches to order, my favourite was corned beef and grated carrot which they had mixed into a mayonaise.

starplay, Jul 16, 1:54am
grated carrots with gottage chesse and cracked peppert

coniproducts, Jul 16, 4:23am
Sorry I didn't get back sooner... ... I am pretty sure it was just beetroot (drained) and cream cheese blended together. No fancy recipe involved.

motorbo, Oct 31, 12:40pm
hehe you type like i do