Double Cream and Single cream in truffles - help p

patchie1, Dec 20, 8:26am
I am wanting make Gordon Ramsay's chocolate mint truffles (they look fantastic and easy too) and the recipe asks for double cream and single cream.

I have searched on here and found that double cream is similar to our cream, but what do I use for single cream?

245sam, Dec 20, 8:29am
I don't know from actually making those truffles but as I watched Gordon making them I thought that here in N.Z. one would just use our cream for both the double and single cream quantities.:-))

dna187, Dec 20, 8:32am
oh do you have a recipe please patchie1, i doing a variety this year, yeah thats right, making more work for myself. lol

patchie1, Dec 20, 8:44am
The one above is slightly different to the one I saw him do on TV the other night, but it does answer my first question as it only has one cream.

Here is the link to the one I saw him do
http://www.tescorealfood.com/recipes/gordon-ramsays-chocolate-mint-truffles.html

duckmoon, Dec 20, 8:48am
my understanding is that double cream has about 48% fat...
and that single cream has about 38% fat... (I think I have those figures right)...

Our "cream" has about 44% fat, so you can use our cream as a replacment for either in a british recipe

petal1955, Nov 23, 11:06am
Double cream is what we use for whipping...higher fat content....single cream would be lite or low fat cream