Has anyone got a recipe for gingernut truffles

sylvia1, Dec 17, 12:54am
I had it and can't find it. I think it has condensed milk in it.

245sam, Dec 17, 1:09am
how about this one sylvia1? It can be made either as a slice (which I have done) or as truffles (which I haven't yet done)... . .

CARAMEL GINGER SLICE or TRUFFLES
1 x 250g packet gingernut biscuits, crushed
½ cup each ofdesiccated coconutandchopped crystallised ginger
¾ cup Highlander Caramel
1 cup White Melts

In a medium bowl combine the biscuit crumbs, coconut and ginger.
Place the caramel and White Melts in a medium saucepan. Cook, stirring over a low heat, until the chocolate is melted and the ingredients are combined. Pour the caramel mixture into the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Press the mixture into a lined 28cm x 18cm tin and refrigerate until set, or alternatively roll the mixture into balls, then coat them with coconut. Cut the slice into squares to serve.
Note:If desired, drizzle ½ cup melted White Melts over top of the slice (or truffles) for decoration. :-))
Makes 24 squares.

sylvia1, Dec 17, 8:14am
anybody? ? ? ?

neville26, Dec 17, 8:28am
x1
Gingernut Bites
90g butter, 2 T golden syrup, 1/2 C condensed milk, 1 tsp vanilla, 250g pkt gingernuts (crushed) 1 C sultanas, 1 C coconut
Melt butter in a small saucepan, add golden syrup & condensed milk. Stir in essense, biscuits and sultanas over a medium heat until well combined; cool to room temperature. Roll heaped tsps of mixture into small balls, toss in coconut and refridgerate until firm.
These are yummy. I dont completely crush the biscuits

barloo, Nov 27, 6:46am
oks, what would it be to use 1 tin rather than 1/2 and 3/4 cup of condensed milk?