Truffles

alebix, Nov 20, 8:40am
Hi there,

I just made 6 different lots of biscuit based truffles and they are now in the freezer waiting to be coated.

What I want to know is what can I coat them with?
The flavour of my truffles are

rum
bourbon
apricot(already coated in coconut)
plain
mint
kahula

I do have chopped nut, cocoa, choc melts in dark,milk and white.

I will coat them closer to giving them out unless they survive well coated in choc and in the freezer.

lizab, Nov 20, 10:25pm
toasted almond slivers is a nice coating for truffles

gardie, Nov 21, 12:59am
No - do not chocolate coat prior to freezing or else they will sweat and may discolour.You have the right idea - freeze then coat in chocolate to serve.

buzzy110, Nov 21, 2:36am
Toasted or plain dessicated coconut

moggie, Nov 21, 2:40am
YUMMY, any chance you can share the recipe thanks

alebix, Nov 21, 8:11am
I sure can moggie, its so easy.

1 packet of plain choc tim tams (11 biscuits in these, 9 in the others)
100g cream cheese (i used philidelphia block)

first i blitz the biscuits in my food processor,then I add the softened cream cheese to the biscuit.
If im adding alcohol I need plain biscuits such as round wines etc as the booze makes the mix very sloppy.I then put the mix in the fridge to harden. When firm I roll into small balls and freeze.

With the apricot ones I used round wine biscuits, dried apricots, blitz together, add cream cheese (100gm again) and roll into balls then into coconut.

auntlb, Nov 21, 8:35am
Dark choc always goes well with mint

alebix, Nov 21, 8:48am
yum, i cant wait to sample my efforts

moggie, Nov 22, 2:40am
Hi Alebix, thanks heaps, I am will be making them tomorrow. :-)

lindylambchops1, Nov 22, 7:41am
alebixWhat quantity of plain biscuits are you using & what amount of alcohol?Thanks, they sound delicious!

daleaway, Aug 25, 7:12pm
Chocolate ones are nice coated with chocolate hail.

You can also buy coloured fruit sugar sprinkles from the Dutch shops (and some supermarkets).