Chocolate dipped truffles

julsey, Dec 18, 12:38am
How soon can I dip these before christmas day? I realise you can't keep them in the fridge as the chocolate sweats!! They are the cream cheese/ crushed biscuit kind and are currently undipped in the freezer!!!!

rosathemad, Dec 18, 1:30am
Julesy, I've made these weeks in advance and frozen them, with chocolate coating. The chocolate sweating really isn't that big a deal - it tends to only happen if they warm up really quickly and even if it does people will still love the truffles. :-) I would go ahead and dip them now, and keep in the fridge for the next week.

gardie, Dec 18, 9:11am
Was thinking the same thing - will dip tomorrow and pop back into the freezer.I think if they were put into the fridge for an hour before serving, they should be fine.(They don't last long anyway).I've got mint slice ones and peanut butter ones.

ribzuba, Dec 18, 9:22am
you should never refridgerate good chocolate, if you have a cool place in your house then they should stay fine for up to 2 months

auntlb, Dec 18, 9:56am
I think the poster means due to the fact they have cream cheese in they need to be refridgerated - I have choc dipped truffles in my fridge and they will be fine until Christmas day

crystalmoon, Dec 18, 6:20pm
sweating not that bad,have always made in advance and then frozen.always a great hit and once out of freeze they will be gone in a flash.

julsey, Dec 18, 6:33pm
Thanks for all your help!!! Just hope my family doesn't eat them all before hand!! Good to know they are popular tho!!!!

holmsies, Dec 18, 7:42pm
Hmmm... yes I had quite a stash of choc dipped truffles in the freezer for Xmas Day.But they seem to be evaporating at an alaraming rate, possibly two or three disappearing daily!Its hard enough hiding the presents from the 11 year old without having to hide the food from the 40 something year old too!

dna187, Dec 19, 12:20am
oh i was also wondering whether to make the truffles and dip and put in freezer.thanks ladies. so many things to do, man if it wasnt
for us mums, what would christmas be like. lol

timetable, Nov 13, 3:58pm
i make all my truffles in advance and frezze in pottles.. then spend a day choc dipping...then into containers and into the fridge...lol hide at the back till ready for eating..i have made, frozen and choc dipped and then refrezzed and pulled out the night before using and laid on papertowels to defrost - aok, little sweating and dry nicely -i use cadbury choc melts from bin inn, never a choc hass.. enjoy and seasons greetings everyone!!!