Hand blender/ stick blender

jmhb51, Dec 19, 3:08am
Was thinking about getting one for Xmas.
Which attachments are useful/useless?
Any brands to look out for or avoid?

rachybabe1, Dec 19, 3:22am
i got a swiss blitz model from good morning show it has the smoothie blade for sauces -mini wiz and bowl for chopping made mint sauce in seconds -whisk is better than my hand mixer just made cake with it -buy one get one free think they were 200 dolas tho powerfull 400 watt mota east to clean

jcd8, Dec 19, 3:22am
I bought one this year and have only used it to mash potato - turned out too smooth and not pleasant to eat.
So now I'm not sure what else I can use it on.

amiri1, Dec 19, 3:47am
They're really good for pureeing strawberries into a sauce!
Well for pureeing stuff in general really! I find a taller bowl/cup/container makes it easier especially for smaller amounts.

dezzie, Dec 19, 4:04am
Get one with a stainless steel wand if you like soups,I wrecked a plastic one doing soup with it.

gardie, Dec 19, 4:08am
According to consumer - a steel stick is a must.

cookessentials, Dec 19, 5:23am
Bamix, the only way to go.

camgirl, Dec 19, 5:27am
Get a potato ricer if you want creamy yummy mashed spuds!:)

camgirl, Dec 19, 5:28am
SORRY CLICKED TO SOON!

I use mine stick mixer on tins of tomatoes to puree them an for smoothies!(a few ideas for you)

bunny51, Dec 19, 5:37am
I use mine for pureeing soup and not muchelse. (I did used to use it to make baby food too but am now well past that stage lol)

margyr, Dec 19, 5:42am
stick blender whips cream super fast!!! love it for soups, used it tonight to make guacamole. had the same experience with mashed spud but will try it again without putting any butter or milk with the potato.

tinkagirl, Dec 19, 5:44am
I used mine tonight to make kumera and pumpkin pie (not the american type).I love the smooth texture and I also use it for potatoes.I use it when I make veggie soup (I only blend half of it) and I also use it to make sauces and custard.I loveeeeeeeee my stick.

laser51, Oct 21, 8:49am
I use minewhich has the chopping bowl and blade to make chicken stuffing with, just throw everything in and blitz, finely chopping onions and choping cooked meat to a mince like texture for invalids, hubby loves it for soups and I use the stick for mixing milk powder for my pet lamb, wouldn't be without it and am still finding new uses for it

samboy, Oct 21, 9:22am
I love mine for all sorts of things, only problem is that I find I cannot use it with any sort of low sided bowl as whatever I am mixing flys everywhere and the tall cup thing that comes with it doesnt hold enough for some things.Any solutions anyone

pickles7, Oct 21, 9:30am
I use mine lots, love it.

craig04, Oct 21, 9:33am
Mine cost $15 from Countdown and it's lasted for 4yrs now - way longer than my previous fancy Braun one! I use it regularly for all sorts of things, soups, smoothies, purees, pate etc

retired, Oct 21, 7:08pm
I have used my little bowl attachment when I have had a piece of meat/silverside left over.Blitz and use as a sandwich filling, my family like silverside with mayonaise plus salad fillingWhen I have had time to spare. I have made meat patties with largish piece of left over cooked roast, used a made up gravy and small amount of pastry and you have lunch.

chicco2, Oct 21, 8:04pm
Bamix. Had mine for 20 years, and it's still going strong. I bought it at one at those home shows.

fenian1, Oct 22, 3:58am
the whisk attachment is good for mayo

pickles7, Oct 22, 4:14am
I found a taller beaker to use with mine, well worth looking for.
I wouldn't get another one with a whisk and bowl, just buy the stick blender by its self.

nauru, Oct 22, 8:13am
Hi Cooks, can you tell me what price these go for these days please!

calista, Oct 22, 9:12am
UNless you are wanting the Bamix mentioned above, keep an eye out for specials at Briscoes.I needed a replacement because I turned on the element on which it was resting . sigh .(Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most)