Non alcohol trifle

read-a-holic, Dec 18, 6:26pm
need instructions for a non alcohol trifle, not sure where to start apart from the sponge partlol

any suggestions

lilyfield, Dec 18, 6:39pm
the same like any other trifle- just replace the alcohol with fruitjuice.
any. black currant i would use

dorothy_vdh, Dec 18, 6:42pm
I never put alcohol in ours.I make up a jelly and pour that over the sponge,let that set, then add fruit if using,custard, whipped cream and a crushed flake on top.
I usually have to make a large bowl so there is leftovers for my husband and eldest son for breakfast

read-a-holic, Dec 18, 6:50pm
hey dorothy, I cannot be bothered with a pav this year, kids usually put in orders for Mums home made pav but really felt like putting together a nice fresh berry trifle, so you make up a jelly as normal and pour it in, doesnt it go really jelly like? or does it absorb in the sponge

gardie, Dec 18, 9:53pm
MMMMMM trifle!The jelly absorbs into the sponge.I cut the sponge into little squares but don't push them down so that there are also bits of jelly in the gaps if you get what I mean.(We probably shouldn't be reading trifle threads but here we all are hahahah).

dorothy_vdh, Dec 18, 10:14pm
lol gardie, yes I do it exactly how you have described it

cgvl, Dec 19, 12:17am
Use ginger ale instead of alcohol its nice.

margyr, Dec 19, 12:22am
yep, fruit juice or gingerale, as i dont like jelly and it does make the sponge go jellyish.

2boysmum, Dec 19, 12:56am
I use jelly.When I make the jelly I use an extra cup of water.I also spread raspberry jam on the sponge before cutting into squares.

wildflower, Dec 19, 2:59am
If your using a can of peaches or cherries the juice from them should be enough to soak the sponge shouldn't it??

tehenga288, Dec 19, 8:58am
I use the juice from the canned peaches - I add sherrybut still great with only the juice.

kiwibubbles, Nov 17, 10:58am
jelly? blergh - i hate jelly in trifle but i know some ppl hate it. Re non alcoholic triflesjust use the fruit juice from whatever tinned fruit you add