Richard Till's Glaze. Do you

clair4, Dec 6, 6:00am
put the nuts and glaze on the cooked christmas cake or put them on before you cook the cake?

eastie3, Dec 6, 6:14am
After you take it out of the oven,while it is still warm.

clair4, Dec 6, 7:37am
Reading his glaze recipe it says:Heat the jam, brandy, water and lemon in a small pot.When melted together, brush some of the warm syrup over the cake.Arrange the various nuts and cherries on cake in an attractive pattern, and brush again with syrup.Allow this to cool and then brush on another layer of syrup.So by reading the above, sound like you do it after the cake is cooked.Maybe I could do it be it is completely cooked.

fifie, Dec 6, 9:04am
I always put nuts on after cooking so they don't discolour. Brush the cooked cakes with your glaze, then put the nuts cherries etc on (the glaze helps the nuts to stick to the cake) then brush over nuts etc with warm glaze to give them a nice shine and let dry....

timetable, Dec 6, 9:20am
i always warm the jam then brush over my cold cake. (don't use booze and cake still keeps lovely for months) then i arrange the nuts in a lovely pattern on top and gently brush the warmed apricot jam over again...then i put a nice ribbon around it and fancy bow - simple but very effective...

gojojo2, Oct 1, 5:45pm
Sorry - not sure of this particular recipe, but I always top my cake with fruit and nuts prior to cooking. Wouldn't want raw nuts ontop of a cake. If it looks like they are cooking to quickly, pop a piece of tin foil on top of the cake