Your Favourite Ham Glaze Recipe Please

ted., May 6, 7:01am
I'm off to a dinner party this weekend and am in charge of cooking the ham. No problems there but... . . I want to do a really different glaze not the run of the mill brown sugar pineapple juice kind of stuff. Something with a bit of alcohol in it would be even better.
Come on inspire me... ... ... ... .

haulier, May 6, 9:00am
Cover with masterfood wholegrain mustard and then with a bit on the side spicy apricot sauce. Have enough so you can keep basting the ham as it is heating through. This is delicious and a nice change from pineapple.

glendeb, May 6, 9:03am
My favourite is wholegrain mustard and maple syrup. Mix together and keep on basting the ham as you cook it.

valentino, May 6, 10:14am
Try this one... Post number 5 at this link to another thread...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Messages. asp
x? id=113408

Cheers

turksta3, May 6, 9:06pm
whole grain mustard, cranberry jelly, maple syrup and cointreau(sp) alcohol, mix al together and keep basting.

fiona174, May 6, 11:11pm
I Tb seed mustard; 3-4 Tb balsamic vinegar; 1 cp brown sugar- totally divine- have been using this recipe for years with my ham.

indy95, May 6, 11:45pm
This one is for " gingeraholics " like me. Mustard, either smooth or seeded mixed with ginger marmalade. If you really want alcohol try adding a little green ginger wine. Absolutely scrumptious !

neil_di, May 7, 3:22am
I made Nigella's cranberry glaze and it was really good and very different. . 4T cranberry jelly... 1T english mustard. . 1T honey. . 1/2t cinnamon. . everyone loved it and asked for the recipe.

fifie, Apr 7, 7:14pm
Something Different. Champagne Ham Glaze. Recipe from here not sure who's it is. .
Lots of the flavor from the Champagne and vanilla bean seeds ends up in the pan drippings, which are used to create a simple sauce.
1 One 5-6 Kg smoked, fully cooked ham with bone still in.
24 whole cloves
1 1/2 cups Champagne or sparkling wine, divided in two
1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
1 cup apple jellyPreheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
Trim fat and rind from ham. Score outside of ham in a diamond pattern; stud with cloves. Place ham, bone end up, in a roasting pan. Pour 1 cup Champagne over ham. Bake at 180 degrees Celcius for 45 minutes.
Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into a small saucepan. Add remains of the vanilla bean bean plus 1/2 cup Champagne to the pan with the vanilla bean seeds. Bring to a boil, cook 2 minutes. Stir in apple jelly; cook 3 minutes or until jelly dissolves, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Discard vanilla bean. Pour half of Champagne mixture over ham. Bake 30 minutes. Then pour remaining Champagne mixture over ham. Bake an additional 30 minutes or until ham is thoroughly heated. Place ham on a platter; cover loosely with foil. Let stand 15 minutes. 4. Place a zip-type plastic bag inside a bowl. Pour drippings into bag; let stand 10 minutes (fat will rise to the top). Seal bag; carefully snip a small hole in the bottom corner of bag. Drain drippings into a bowl, stopping before fat layer reaches the opening; discard fat. (Alternately place the juices in a jug - let stand then spoon off the fat) -Spoon the sauce over ham slices