Balsamic Glaze- where to buy in chch or recipe pls

martine5, Jan 1, 8:43pm
Hi,

I really need some balsamic glaze I have tried countdown, new world and pack n save I can't find it anywhere, does anyone know a shop I can get it from in CHCH, or alternatively has anyone got a recipe for it?I did attempt to make my own by reducing down balsamic vinegar but it was too sharp and didn't have the sweetness of the glaze.I may yet try reducing some more down with maple syrup and see how that works but I would much rather either have the product or a fail safe recipe.Thanks andHNY to all the recipe folk

prawn_whiskas, Jan 1, 8:47pm
x1
Just balsamic and brown sugar reduced to a syrup thats about all there is to it.

2halls, Jan 1, 9:06pm
I made one a few months ago ... equal parts balsamic and brown sugar ... heat until sugar is fully dissolved.Keep in a jar or bottle in the pantry.Lasts forever and a day :-)

geldof, Jan 1, 9:27pm
Yes to #2 and 3.Select brand also do two different ones.

martine5, Jan 2, 12:27am
Thanks so much guys

sarahj1, Jan 2, 1:13am
Fresh Choice Merivale had it just before Xmas - think it was either in their gourmet section or on the shelves over the freezers

ant_sonja, Dec 29, 3:45pm
http://www.grouprecipes.com/69773/balsamic-glaze.html

Balsamic Vinegar + sugar - dead simple.

The better quality your vinegar the better your end result and instead of white sugar I'd suggest you use dark unrefined muscovado cane sugar as it has much richer flavor and depth.