Diabetic ham glaze

angelbabe6, Dec 20, 5:34am
Has anyone got an easy cheap recipie for ham glaze suitable for a diabetic? Thanks.

valentino, Dec 20, 6:38am
Just don't use a glaze.

Score the fat like in diamond shapes though and simply heat the ham as normal.

Did this recently and was simply pure ham only delicious.

Cheers

nahmi, Dec 20, 8:38am
Type One diabetic or Type Two diabetic ?

cgvl, Dec 20, 9:13am
I use one with sherry, grainy mustard and marmalade in it. For all you get on a slice of ham I have never noticed any difference in my readings. What throws mine out is the extra carbs, like rice and pasta salads. T2 here, if you are worried though I would leave it off.

angelbabe6, Dec 21, 12:04am
T2 insulin dependent due to him refusing to accept for several years that he had diabetes.

lythande1, Dec 21, 1:22am
Then he can eat whatever - just up his dose to take into account the extra carbs and sugar.

valentino, Mar 20, 12:18am
Tell him to draw a picture of himself in a wheelchair with no feet in his head and to keep it there all the time then think of others that he will rely on more heavily, just keep doing it, the message will get through, for Pete's Sake.

Same for a smoker keeping a picture of wearing a mask with an oxy tank and a walker, not very nice, same thing with diabetes, get that message through that you want the best from him, not him wanting to rely on everyone else etc stuffing up their lives because of their own arrogance etc, Cheers and all the best.

All the best.