Well it's that time again - I need some weetbix

Page 6 / 7
livewire, Jul 14, 4:51am
# 105 is it only 1/2 c of flour! That doesnt seem much flour.

livewire, Jul 14, 4:53am
As i have just made a batch of this, from the other thread you posted in, its just come outthe oven and it seems quite soft, does it firm up once it cools!

rkcroft, Jul 14, 5:01am
livewire.I have just checked my computer file of recipes (cos I just copy & paste) and my apologies but it is 1 and 1/2 cups of flour. When I copied and pasted the recipe, I mustn't have highlighted the 1.And now I have ballsed up the recipe in the other thread, cos I just checked the one posted in here and it was wrong.Sh*t, what a disaster area I am today.Sorry, but I don't think you will have a crunch recipe today - more like a weetbix brownie.

nattles88, Jul 14, 5:05am
. any savoury weetbix recipes!

1speed, Jul 25, 2:34am
recipes lol.Once again I'm being suckered into the rugby cards (gawd I'm a sucker lol).Need to use up some of the weetbix.Had a quick look through the threads but couldn't really find anything.Anyone got any fantastic weetbix recipes!TIA.

1speed, Jul 25, 4:54am
Thanks all, keep them coming.I'm sure I won't be the only one looking for recipes in the next few months lol.

1speed, Jul 25, 11:34pm
Thanks :)Looks like I've got some baking to do.At least it's a good baking day here today .

1speed, Jul 29, 2:15am
bumping to do some baking .

hestia, Aug 3, 1:45pm
I found this recipe today. Date Slice:90g butter at room temp, 4 x weetbix crushed, 1 c chopped dates, 1 c caster sugar, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 c boiling water, 1 x egg, 1 C SR flour, 1/2c walnuts, icing sugar for dusting.Cut butter into cubes, add weetbix, dates, sugar, baking soda and hot water.Mix well and leave to cool.Stir in egg, flour, walnuts.Pour mixture into greased line tin.Smooth over with knife.Bake at 180 degrees C for 30 min - test to make sure it's cooked.Let it cool in the baking tin.Cut when slice has been cooled and dust with icing sugar.

bev00, Aug 19, 10:58am
expiring !

strange, Aug 19, 8:05pm
This is so yummy and not really crunchy but not too soft either. Somewhere inbetween.-
Chocolate & coconut weetbix slice

Ingredients
3 wholewheat breakfast biscuits
1 cup (85g) desiccated coconut
1/2 cup (120g) caster sugar
1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
2 tbs cocoa
150g butter
1 tsp vanilla essence

1 1/2 cups icing sugar mixture
Extra 1 tbs cocoa
2 tbs hot water
(PEPPERMINT ESSENCE optional)

Method
Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 16x26cm baking pan and line with baking paper. Break up biscuits. Place into a mixing bowl with coconut and sugar. Sift over flour and cocoa and stir.
Melt butter in a small saucepan over a low heat. Pour over dry ingredients. Add vanilla. Mix well.
Spoon mixture into prepared pan and press down to level. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked.
Sift icing sugar and cocoa into a small bowl. Add water and stir well. Ice slice while still hot. Cut into squares to serve.

rosiemoodle, Aug 23, 12:19am
go to. www.weetbix.co.nz

they have a recipe book there on the Stat Attack site

rkcroft, Aug 23, 4:23am
Banana Weet Bix Choc Chip Muffins. 3 ripe bananas, 4 weetbix, 3/4c milk, 2 eggs, 80gm butter, 1 1/2c sr flour, 2T brown sugar, 1c choc chips. Mash bananas then crumble in weetbix and stir in milk. Set aside 10mins. Meanwhile beat eggs and butter then add to banana mix. Combine flour & sugar in large bowl and add wet ingredients and choc chips. Stir until just combined. Spoon mix into muffin pan and bake for 25mins @ 180°C. Makes 12.

rkcroft, Aug 23, 4:27am
Weetbix Delight. 5 crushed weetbix, 1 1/2c plain flour, 1 1/2c coconut, 1c sugar, 6oz melted butter, 1/2 tsp baking powder. Topping: 1T butter, 1/2 tin sweetened condensed milk, 1 1/2T golden syrup. Add melted butter to dry ingredients. Press into a lined tin. Bake 15 mins @ 180°C. Heat butter, condensed milk and golden syrup until blended. Spread on base and return to oven for 3-5 mins. Ice with chocolate icing while still warm.

rkcroft, Aug 23, 4:37am
Low Fat Muesli Bars. 185gm rolled oats, 6 Weetbix crushed, 90gm raisins, 60gm chopped dried apricots, 1/2c honey, 1c orange juice, 2 egg whites. Combine oats, weetbix, raisins and apricots. In sml saucepan blend honey & orange juice over med heat. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer 10mins or until mix is thick & syrupy. Stir honey mix into oat mix then stir in egg whites. Press into slice tin lined with baking paper & bake @ 180°C for 20-25mins or until golden.

juliewn, Sep 3, 3:13pm
Saving. :-) .

tinyted, Sep 3, 10:05pm
Weetbix Loaves (makes two). 8 weetbix crushed,100g butter chopped,2 tsp baking soda,2 cups dried fruit,1 dsp golden syrup, 2 cups sugar - Pour over 2 cups of boiling water, leave 5 mins, stir well add 2 beaten eggs, 2 cups SR flour, salt, 1 tsp each of cinnamon + mixced spice. Bake in 2 lined loaf tins @ 180 C 1 hour. Keep one and give one away or freeze! These keep well.

245sam, Oct 5, 1:24am
bumped again for a recipe request. :-))

jenna68, Oct 14, 6:00pm
,. ,

spinx, Oct 27, 5:25am
Uncooked weetbix square 18 Weetbix crushed - 1 cup sultana's - 250grams of butter - 1 tablespoon of cocoa - 1 cup of coconut - 1 tin of Condensed milkCrush weetbix and mix in all dry ingreds.Melt butter and Cond. Milk mix with dry ingreds.Tip into a sandwiche tin and leave in fridge until set.Ice with choc icing and sprinkle coconut on the top.Cut into squares and enjoy.Very yummy

liamjosh, Nov 2, 10:28pm
Have just put one in the oven and can't wait to try it - its even scrummy uncooked

rkcroft, Nov 16, 5:51am
bumping for another poster looking for a weetbix chew recipe.

jenna68, Nov 19, 5:11pm
d. d

jenna68, Nov 23, 5:41pm
e. e

flutterby08, Nov 27, 12:57am
Bump - any new weetbix recipes out there!