Slice with rolled oats and weetbix?

dons14, May 26, 4:41am
x1
Hi, saw a yummy looking slice recipe in a mag while waiting for my fish and chips (had fussy kids staying). Thought it looked yummy but I can't find anything like it - have tried googling. It had 2 cups of rolled oats and 6 weetbix and won a best slice in a Jo Seager competition. Anyone know it pls? ? ?

jessie981, May 26, 4:48am
check out message board l/h side. key in what you want then in date posted put anytime

griffo4, May 26, 5:14am
Do you remember what it was called?

thuntzster, May 26, 7:17am
Can you rememember which magazine it was in? Even the month? ?

dons14, May 26, 11:38pm
No - didn't even think to look. Normally I just google and the very thing I want just pops up. It looked like a kind of anzac slice with added weetbix... maybe i need to pop in for f&c again? !

lizab, May 27, 12:05am
http://www.sanitarium.co.nz/media/87344/weet-bix_recipe_book
. pdf

dilligaf_dah, May 27, 12:39am
Jo seagers book on baking has it in but I dont have the book I saw it in the library.

thuntzster, May 27, 7:32am
Lizab that recipe book is soooo good... . .

245sam, May 27, 7:43am
dilligaf_dah, do you recall the name of the recipe and/or which Jo Seagar's book it was that you saw? :-))

cap, May 28, 12:13am
I've used a few recipes in the past from that link Lizab posted. Thsis one has rolled oats and weetbix and is fab!
Weet-Bix & Apricot Bar
4 Sanitarium Weet-Bix, crushed
1 cup Sanitarium Ricies
1 cup rolled oats
2/3 cup chopped apricots
½ cup coconut
½ cup raw sugar
½ cup honey
½ cup Sanitarium Crunchy Peanut Butter
125g margarine
1. Combine Weet-Bix, Ricies, rolled oats, apricots and coconut in a mixing bowl.
2. Place sugar, honey, Peanut Butter and margarine in a saucepan and bring to
boil. Simmer continuously for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Pour the honey mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well. Press into a
17cm x 25cm lined dish and refrigerate to set.
Per Bar: 837 kilojoules (200 calories). Protein 4g. Total Fat 11g. Saturated Fat 3g.

thuntzster, May 28, 6:25am
Is that the one dons14?

dons14, Jun 21, 6:02pm
Thank you but not the right one. I think it was something like 200g butter 2c rolled oats, 1 cup flour, 6 weetbix and im guessing golden syrup and something to help it rise. Silly of me to think it would be easy to find... I might give up on this one but thank you for your help!