Weetbix deluxe or caramel weetbix deluxe

spectrum2, Aug 7, 2:04am
Has anyone got a good recipe for this slice please? I have got one that I have tried but the caramel does not set properly. cheers

shelley39, Aug 7, 2:34am
x1
5 crushed weetbix
1 and half cups flour
1 and half cups coconut
half cup sugar
half teaspoon baking powder
crush weetbixand other dry ingr. add 6oz melted butter. bake 200deg for 15 mins.

Heat
1 tsp butter
half tin cond milk
1 and half Tablespoons golden syrup

Spread on base and cook another 5 mins.
Ice with choc Icing while warm.

Sometimes I double the caramel filling but if you do It needs longer cooking time so it sets.

spectrum2, Aug 7, 2:40am
thankyou for posting the recipeshelley39. I'm off now to make this slice. . cheers

momma1, Aug 7, 3:08am
I have a very different weetbix caramel slice
50g butter, 250g sugar, 2 eggs, 2c flour, 2t baking powder, 2T custard powder. Cream butter and sugar, add eggs and when well mixed add the dry ingredients. Press into a tin. Make caramel using 1 tin condensed milk, 2T golden syrup and 2T butter and spread onto the base. Make a topping of 1 cup coconut, 3 crushed weetbix, 3/4 c sugar, 2 eggs and 4T melted butter. Add all topping ingredients and sprinkle onto the base and caramel. Bake at 350c until golden (sorry cant remember exact timing but you will have a fair idea when cooked. If anyone tried this let me know what you think as I have not made it in ages

momma1, Jan 2, 11:17am
it makes quite a large slice, i used it put it in a tin that is almost roasting dish sized