HELP! BBQ Turkey Recipe

julzk, Nov 25, 7:21am
Hi everyone.Hope you are all having a great night.Calling all keen BBQ afficianados.Does anyone have the BBQ recipe book for BBQing a whole turkey (it may also have cranberry in the title of the recipe).It is in a small book that we bought at the BBQ Factory about 7 years ago with a sprial binding.It has strips of bacon across the top of the bird to keep it moist.Does anyone have a copy of the recipe?We are having Thanksgiving on Saturday and I can't find the recipe ANYWHERE!

michelle313, Nov 25, 11:07am
Hi, I don't have the recipe book your talking about sorry.But I bbq turkey each year for Christmas.Is your main worry about keeping it moist?If so, I've never had a lick of trouble with mine.I brine my turkey the night before and then put it on the rotisserie the next day.It turns out beautiful each and everytime.Basting it often with some butter and then resting it prior to carving and it's moist and juicy as can be.

suzanna, Sep 3, 6:45pm
On good morning today Annabelle White cooked a turkey by conventional means (oven) but she did have some good tips re not having to baste. Stuff the turkey, if you don't want to make so much stuffing then place a couple of cut lemons in the cavity first and then add stuffing. Under the skin on the upper side of the turkey 'squish' a herb and butter mix of generous proportions. The skin will gently lift as you put your hand through between the skin and the meat. Lastly place streaky bacon across the top of the turkey slightly overlapping. Thus you get the lemon flavour from within, the beautiful moist tender meat from the butter beneath the skin and to top it off the flavour and fat of the bacon over the outer skin Yum!