Do you like getting kitchen gadgets for pressies?

Page 3 / 3
elliehen, Nov 1, 9:35pm
Just remembered that I HAVE just been given a gadget and I love it!It's a German-designed Steel Soap (Edelstahlseife) by Blomus in its own little soap dish - a silky smooth oval to rub your garlicky hands on under running water to remove onion odours.

Rubbing your hands on the inside of a stainless steel sink has the same effect, for those who don't plan to put this on their wish-list!

fisher, Nov 1, 9:45pm
Brand new Offshore fishing rod with Daiwa Saltiga fishing reel.
"here you go dear.see, I do LUV YA only top quality ". "oh, you dont want it. ok's. I'll have to find someone that can use this."hehehehehehe

buzzy110, Nov 1, 9:51pm
Artwork - if the kitchen utensil was also an antique, a work of art or handcrafted by a skilled artisan then yes. However, those who care about me know better than to give me presents.

In return, instead of buying useless presents at preordained times, when they don't really mean anything much (birthdays, Xmas, etc) I give gifts as and when they are required and often when they are least expected, but oh, so appreciated because they are important to the receiver at that time.

I am not a 'thing' person and have no desire to surround myself with stuff I don't require.

greerg, Nov 1, 11:46pm
I think my most materialistic side comes out in kitchen shops - I love them.It's not that I spend a great deal in them but I can certainly spend a covetous half hour in Ballantynes kitchen department any day. And I get a lot of pleasure out of the "investments" I do make or that my family make for me.Eachti their own.

elliehen, Nov 1, 11:52pm
fisher, that sounds suspiciously like a "Homer's bowling ball" gift.the 10-pin bowling ball he gave Marge for her birthday ;)

rainrain1, Nov 2, 2:36am
I can't stand kitchen gadets, only the absolute necessities for me.

accroul, Nov 2, 2:59am
I'm hoping that Santa might bring me a food processor - or maybe the birthday fairy might! I got a cake mixer and a carving knife last year & before that was a stick blender thingee and a new set of kitchen scales. I could so with a new ironing board too please Santa.
Nope, don't mind getting kitchen gadets as gifts. Usually they are things that I've asked for anyway. I keep a list of things I want as a doc on the pc destop & add to it from time to time & DH can nosey at it at his leisure.

rapunzeel, Nov 2, 3:27am
hope my hubby buys me a set of Le Crueset(sp) cookware for xmas.lol.but it wont happen

purplegoanna, Nov 2, 3:30am
I love getting kitchen gadgets at anytime, xmas, birthday or valentines.hubby knows he cant go wrong by shopping at stevens for me.its not the gift anyway its the though that counts.

prendy1, Nov 2, 6:05am
My worst present ever was an electric can opener from my husband.that is not a present! I agree though that really special, novelty items can be great, like wonderful olive oil, a marble mortar and pestle or a recipe book holder as these are things you wouldn't buy for yourself and show real thought. Kitchen shop vouchers-now there's something I would love!

lizab, Nov 2, 10:52pm
One Christmas I gave my husband the baby boy that he really really wanted and in return . a hoover and a tv for me! I wasn't impressed!

bo0tsey, Nov 2, 11:26pm
Not really kitchen gadgets. but I love getting practical, useful gifts

Last xmas my bf bought me an electric fence unit to keep my horses in lol

valentino, Nov 3, 4:01am
Strange one this but never gave a kitchen gadget as a pressie during birthday or Christmas to my partner, it was better to present something already cooked or prepared. Best to ask for precisely what is ideal or a wish-thing if other items.

But to my children and extended family members, YES !, feels a good way of assisting them especially knowing it is very much needed and more so if they are short in this area.

Just like for example, bed linen sets, bathroom sets etc etc. same with kitchen or home living. after all in these cases, more personal items remain within those personal relationships. (hmmmm hopes this sounds right).

Cheers.

valentino, Nov 3, 4:37am
I've just had a wee giggle to myself.

Maybe in 20 to 50 years time, one won't need any kitchen gadgets, just go to a one shop shopping centre and select your meals, all ready to take home and eat. even occasion items - order first then pick up with an hour or less. LOL. ( I'm thinking on changes in the last 20 to 100 years on how things are today)!!.

Hmmm best to keep this to myself.

uli, Nov 3, 6:18am
:0 Valentino!
How are things going!

elliehen, Nov 3, 6:34am
valentino was giggling to himself in post #39 on Wed 3 November 2010, so he might not still be giggling one year on, but he'll probably get a pleasant surprise to see his post.

He's a very agreeable personality and a helpful cook worth taking notice of on these messageboards.

flutterby08, Nov 3, 7:42am
Kitchen anything. Tupperware, baking tins, a new whisk, a new appliance, you name it I could always use another. I love storage containers, so very easy to shop for.

camper18, Nov 3, 9:26am
Got told the big black Outboard Motor with a yellow ribbon tied round it sitting in front of the TV was my Xmas present.
He got told he'd look good in a fur coat.

nzl99, Nov 3, 7:18pm
They really went all out for you, eh!!sheesh!

Yep. I LOVE kitchen gadgets. especially the sort of things that I can't justify purchasing for myself as they will only get used a couple of times a year. LOVE them.

sarahb5, Nov 4, 5:41am
Ha ha - I do love gadgets but they have to be the right ones if they're being given as a present, not the tea towels my dad bought my mum for Christmas once!Yes she needed them but it was a very quiet Christmas Dinner that year - and he was the one who got to use the tea towels.Last Christmas I got my Russian doll measuring cups off my daughter because I loved them.

huna1, Nov 12, 11:27am
no would be upset if someone bought me kitchen gadgets for xmas or birthday unless i asked for a specific thing think we ladies should keep these two days in the year to be treated as someone other than a housewife and allow ourselves to be spoilt. Most people buy what they need for the home throughout the year lets use these two days a year to be pampered and receive the little things that make us special and feel like a women

gardie, Nov 12, 7:55pm
Doesn't receiving a gadget for the kitchen remind you that you are a woman!lol.I love getting them.

elliehen, Nov 12, 11:48pm
Seeing this thread reminds me that it's a year-old bumped one!

At post #16 I wanted a new fridge - I got it last Christmas.

susievb, Nov 13, 1:31am
Dad got mumnew kitchen tap-ware-for him that was thoughtful.

The only other time he was thoughtful was when he tried something new that mum had made and said "If I say it was nice will you promise never to make it again!"