??CHCH COOKBOOK -> 'KIDS IN THE KITCHEN' RECIPES??

fastlanenz, Mar 6, 12:59am
Hi there, do you have a fun recipe that your kids love and can cook (mostly) themselves? If you do, would you consider sharing the recipe in ou upcoming TM Christchurch Fundraising Recipe Book?

As pickles has kindly reminded us, these must be YOUR recipes to give, and even better, if you could tell us a wee story about the history of the recipe ... the history can add so much meaning to the recipe itself ... and to our TM community too! Please do add confirmation that this recipe is able to be shared in the fundraising book ....

Thanks in advance for your support, Pat & Andrea

fastlanenz, Mar 7, 12:59am
Hi there, do you have a fun recipe that your kids love and can cook (mostly) themselves! If you do, would you consider sharing the recipe in ou upcoming TM Christchurch Fundraising Recipe Book!

As pickles has kindly reminded us, these must be YOUR recipes to give, and even better, if you could tell us a wee story about the history of the recipe . the history can add so much meaning to the recipe itself . and to our TM community too! Please do add confirmation that this recipe is able to be shared in the fundraising book .

Thanks in advance for your support, Pat & Andrea

lx4000, Mar 10, 9:23am
Cheese Muffins/Puffs
2 eggs
water
1 C Grated Cheese
1 C veggies (I use corn onion with tomato on top)
pinch Salt
2 C Flour
3 tspn BP
1/4 - 1/2 tspn Cayenne Pepper if wished
Break eggs into 1 measuring Cupthen fill with water to make 1 cup, then add another 1 C water. Mix.
Add veggies and cheese then mix.
Stir in salt, flour, cayenne pepper, BP until just mixed.
Spoon into muffin tins.
20 mins approx at 180.

lx4000, Mar 10, 9:24am
COCONUT LOAF
In a bowl mix together
1.5 cups flour
1.5 tsp bp,
1.5 cups coconut,
1 cup sugar,
1.5 cups milk,
2 tsp vanilla essence.
Bake at 160-180 deg C for an hour or so.
You can add the juice and zest of a couple of lemons with or with out sultanas too.
Devine!!

lx4000, Mar 10, 9:26am
Bliss Balls
1 C chopped Dates
1 C Raisins
70g Walnuts
1 Tspn Cocoa
1 Tspn Butter
1 tspn Milk
1 tspn Van Ess
½ packet crushed plain cookies
Coconut to roll in
Place all into food processor and whiz till smooth.
Roll into balls.
Roll in coconut and place in fridge.
Sounds soo easy!!

lx4000, Mar 11, 9:24am
COCONUT LOAF
In a bowl mix together
1.5 cups flour
1.5 tsp bp,
1.5 cups coconut,
1 cup sugar,
1.5 cups milk,
2 tsp vanilla essence.
Bake at 160-180 deg C for an hour or so.
You can add the juice and zest of a couple of lemons with or with out sultanas too.
Devine!

lx4000, Mar 11, 9:26am
Bliss Balls
1 C chopped Dates
1 C Raisins
70g Walnuts
1 Tspn Cocoa
1 Tspn Butter
1 tspn Milk
1 tspn Van Ess
½ packet crushed plain cookies
Coconut to roll in
Place all into food processor and whiz till smooth.
Roll into balls.
Roll in coconut and place in fridge.
Sounds soo easy!

melissa411, Mar 13, 12:52am
Hey lx4000, I made the bliss balls today and mixture was very dry had to add more butter and some honey to get it to a rolling consistency. Is there an ingredient missing? Thanks

jessie981, Mar 13, 2:47am
melissa411 wrote:
Hey lx4000, I made the bliss balls today and mixture was very dry had to add more butter and some honey to get it to a rolling consistency. Is there an ingredient missing? Thanks[/quote

Maybe condensed milk melissa?

toadfish, Mar 13, 2:59am
Corn fritters
Place1 x drained can of Sweet corn kernals into a bowl,

add
1 cup of flour,
1 tsp Baking powder,
1 Egg
and a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper..

then add milk to the right consistency....

toadfish, Mar 13, 3:15am
Cook these in a little oil in a medium hot pan.

I developed this recipe when travelling around Europe in a Kombi Van over 20 years ago... I remember eating them with bacon in a campsite next to the Berlin wall not long after it had come down and listening to the guard dogs who were penned up and barking in the distance...

gaspodetwd, Mar 13, 8:26am
Sticky rice bubble cakes

150g marshmallows
150g toffees
75g butter
300g rice bubbles

Melt the marshmallows, toffees and butter on a low heat. Add the rice bubbles and stir well quickly! Place into paper cups and allow to cool. Very sticky and very yummy.

pixiegirl, Mar 13, 7:56pm
Many thanks guys - toady loved your story of how your recipe evolved.

melissa411, Mar 14, 12:52am
Hey lx4000, I made the bliss balls today and mixture was very dry had to add more butter and some honey to get it to a rolling consistency. Is there an ingredient missing! Thanks

jessie981, Mar 14, 2:47am
melissa411 wrote:
Hey lx4000, I made the bliss balls today and mixture was very dry had to add more butter and some honey to get it to a rolling consistency. Is there an ingredient missing! Thanks[/quote

Maybe condensed milk melissa!

toadfish, Mar 14, 2:59am
Corn fritters
Place1 x drained can of Sweet corn kernals into a bowl,

add
1 cup of flour,
1 tsp Baking powder,
1 Egg
and a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper.

then add milk to the right consistency.

toadfish, Mar 14, 3:15am
Cook these in a little oil in a medium hot pan.

I developed this recipe when travelling around Europe in a Kombi Van over 20 years ago. I remember eating them with bacon in a campsite next to the Berlin wall not long after it had come down and listening to the guard dogs who were penned up and barking in the distance.

lx4000, Mar 18, 1:30am
add more butter.