Donna Hay - latest kids mag

ksr, Mar 11, 9:55am
Apparently it has the most perfect "white" cupcake recipe - anyone got the mag and happy to post it?TA

ksr, Mar 12, 9:55am
Apparently it has the most perfect "white" cupcake recipe - anyone got the mag and happy to post it!TA

rainbowpride, Mar 12, 7:04pm
I think you are wanting the vanilla cupcakes so this is the one out of the kids magazine
125g butter, softened
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 1/4 cups of all purpose flour (sifted)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
Preheat oven to 160, place butter sugar and vanilla in a bowl and beat until light and creamy. Gradually add the eggs and beat until well combined.Add the rest of the ingredients and mix untiljust combined.Place in cases and cook for 15 - 20 minutes.

Vanilla icing

250g butter , softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup of icing sugar

Beat butter and vanilla till light and creamy (5-6minutes) then add the icing sugar and beat for a futher 10-15 minutes or until light and creamy.

I hope this is the one you want there is another recipe for butterfly cakes

weezil, Mar 12, 8:54pm
lovely recipe but the icing bit can not be right...too much butter...perhaps 50grams?

ksr, Mar 12, 9:13pm
Rainbow pride that sounds like the one - thank you so much, I really appreciate your help!Weezil the icing sounds right if you are going to pipe it...

rainbowpride, Mar 12, 10:45pm
LOL I had to go back and check and nope the icing is right its definately that much butter.I can see my hips expanding at the thought

ksr, Mar 12, 10:51pm
Haha I don't eat my baking so I am safe!

willyow, Mar 13, 7:09pm
It's called butter cream icing - tastes fabulous but sadly, very bad for the waistline. Nice on chocolate cakes too! What the hell - go for it!

willyow, Mar 13, 7:12pm
But it's nice to see recipes with proper vanilla extract instead of 'essence' - you never know what's in that do you. I know what's in mine - vanilla bean.

weezil, Mar 13, 8:54pm
lovely recipe but the icing bit can not be right.too much butter.perhaps 50grams!

ksr, Mar 13, 9:13pm
Rainbow pride that sounds like the one - thank you so much, I really appreciate your help!Weezil the icing sounds right if you are going to pipe it.

ksr, Mar 13, 10:51pm
Haha I don't eat my baking so I am safe!

willyow, Mar 14, 7:09pm
It's called butter cream icing - tastes fabulous but sadly, very bad for the waistline. Nice on chocolate cakes too! What the hell - go for it!

willyow, Mar 14, 7:12pm
But it's nice to see recipes with proper vanilla extract instead of 'essence' - you never know what's in that do you. I know what's in mine - vanilla bean.