Do you like getting kitchen gadgets for pressies?

Page 2 / 3
greerg, Nov 1, 11:46pm
I think my most materialistic side comes out in kitchen shops - I love them.It's not that I spend a great deal in them but I can certainly spend a covetous half hour in Ballantynes kitchen department any day. And I get a lot of pleasure out of the "investments" I do make or that my family make for me.Eachti their own.

elliehen, Nov 1, 11:52pm
fisher, that sounds suspiciously like a "Homer's bowling ball" gift...the 10-pin bowling ball he gave Marge for her birthday ;)

huntlygirl, Nov 2, 12:07am
I would rather have kitchen gear than the gift I got from my husband of 6 weeks, a toilet brush and stand.He learnt his lesson very smartly.

rainrain1, Nov 2, 2:36am
I can't stand kitchen gadets, only the absolute necessities for me....

amsandlant, Nov 2, 2:46am
Absolutely, I love my kitchen gadgets, both big and small.My husband gave me a KitchenAid mixer for Christmas last year, best present EVER.And we were also given an icecream machine, which rated not far behind - though the kids certainly thought was best present ever, lol:D

accroul, Nov 2, 2:59am
I'm hoping that Santa might bring me a food processor - or maybe the birthday fairy might! I got a cake mixer and a carving knife last year & before that was a stick blender thingee and a new set of kitchen scales. I could so with a new ironing board too please Santa.
Nope, don't mind getting kitchen gadets as gifts. Usually they are things that I've asked for anyway.... I keep a list of things I want as a doc on the pc destop & add to it from time to time & DH can nosey at it at his leisure.

rapunzeel, Nov 2, 3:27am
hope my hubby buys me a set of Le Crueset(sp) cookware for xmas.....lol..but it wont happen

purplegoanna, Nov 2, 3:30am
I love getting kitchen gadgets at anytime, xmas, birthday or valentines......hubby knows he cant go wrong by shopping at stevens for me....its not the gift anyway its the though that counts...

kay141, Nov 2, 3:30am
I can do the same in Living and Giving. All those things I never knew I needed but they look so good.

prendy1, Nov 2, 6:05am
My worst present ever was an electric can opener from my husband...that is not a present! I agree though that really special, novelty items can be great, like wonderful olive oil, a marble mortar and pestle or a recipe book holder as these are things you wouldn't buy for yourself and show real thought. Kitchen shop vouchers-now there's something I would love!

lizab, Nov 2, 10:52pm
One Christmas I gave my husband the baby boy that he really really wanted and in return .... a hoover and a tv for me!!! I wasn't impressed!

bo0tsey, Nov 2, 11:26pm
Not really kitchen gadgets.. but I love getting practical, useful gifts

Last xmas my bf bought me an electric fence unit to keep my horses in lol

valentino, Nov 3, 4:01am
Strange one this but never gave a kitchen gadget as a pressie during birthday or Christmas to my partner, it was better to present something already cooked or prepared..... Best to ask for precisely what is ideal or a wish-thing if other items.

But to my children and extended family members, YES !!!!, feels a good way of assisting them especially knowing it is very much needed and more so if they are short in this area.

Just like for example, bed linen sets, bathroom sets etc etc.... same with kitchen or home living.... after all in these cases, more personal items remain within those personal relationships.... (hmmmm hopes this sounds right).

Cheers.

valentino, Nov 3, 4:37am
I've just had a wee giggle to myself.....

Maybe in 20 to 50 years time, one won't need any kitchen gadgets, just go to a one shop shopping centre and select your meals, all ready to take home and eat..... even occasion items - order first then pick up with an hour or less... LOL.... ( I'm thinking on changes in the last 20 to 100 years on how things are today)????!!!!!!!!.

Hmmm best to keep this to myself.....

greerg, Nov 1, 6:30am
It depends.I like things I don't need but just want so microplanes and now circulon pans are good but a fish slice is a bit utilitarian for me.

ribzuba, Nov 1, 6:42am
i love it if it's something awesome, although i prefer recipe books, i make a fishpond wishlist of them and give it to my husband who distributes it to those who want it

rosathemad, Nov 1, 7:36am
If it's something I want I love them - my other half gave me electric beaters last year and they were perfect (fair to say he always also gives me choccies or something a little indulgent to go with the more 'practical' things).

lynja, Nov 1, 7:57am
depends on the size too! a four tier steamer is quite hard to find space for! especially as it is not something I will use very often at all. lovely thought though. pancake maker similar problem! there is only so much room!

kuaka, Nov 1, 8:10am
A friend of mine used to say "if it's got handles it doesn't count as a present - unless it's Prada or Louis Vuitton".

seniorbones, Nov 1, 8:57am
I was 18 when I got married, our first christmas we were broke so decided not to give pressies but hubby bought me an electric mixer, it wasbeautiful and I loved it - cant remember the make but it lasted for years, I now have a kitchen aide and its gorgeous. Then one year I actually asked for a blender :-( how sad am I then, but I choose it, it is a beautiful stainless steel one which I hardly use! but then I had to buy a new foodprocessor and it came with a blender attached which is still in the plastic. But my first blender is still so nice I would never get rid of it not just because I'm a horder but because it was a gift and it looks nice, So I dont mind getting gadgets if its something I really want and expensive too lol

bunny51, Nov 1, 9:00am
I would like a pressie like that. (one time when hubby asked me what I wanted for christmas I told him a popcorn maker. He didn;t want to get it because he didn't think it ocunted as a pressie but he did. He has also got me a food processor and a big cake mixer -ok I went and got it then he said I had to make a cake with it but I told him he had to wait till it was my birthday when he could give it to me first lol)

elliehen, Nov 1, 10:02am
I'd be happy with a really big kitchen gadget like a new fridge ;)

charlieb2, Nov 1, 10:18am
God NO! Mr bought me a coffee filter machine about 15 years ago. I've never had a kitchen gadget since! lol

cheapmike, Nov 1, 12:10pm
Yes.Definately, but wouldn't buy one for my partner because cooking is just another chore for her. For me I love it and it's one way I relax and I find it really rewarding when it comes off. Reminds me I really need a new knife.

ruby19, Nov 1, 6:32pm
Well you can imagine what I thought when my husband bought me a handheld cordless vacuum cleaner for christmas.I think when it came to the day and I had to keep asking where my present was, he also realized not SUCH a great idea!
As for kitchen gadgets, it does depend on what it is, I would love some micro plane graters, or a beautiful large rimu tray, a good pasta machine, mine is usless.I have dropped subtle hint to no avail.