What is a decent brand of kitchen scales?

cinsara, May 13, 2:28am
I would like a digital set that is accurate down to the teeniest weight up to about 5kg. There are lots on TM but I don't know which ones are reliable.

wildflower, May 13, 3:49am
I bought a set of digital ones at Briscoes a couple of years ago but I'm not impressed.I think I'll invest a a good pair of manual ones.Not much to go wrong there.

cinsara, May 13, 4:19am
Really? Dam, I want to be able to weigh my small chicks for growth purposes and the needle reading type ones are hard to pin point a gram or two.

malcovy, May 13, 4:27am
I use Salter and its very reliable, it only weighs up to 2 kg though.It was a present from my kids so its extra special to me and I like it.

kuaka, May 13, 8:48am
mine are Salter too and also very reliable, very accurate, but likewise only weigh up to 2 kg.

mackkas, May 13, 8:52am
I have a Salter aquatronic which weighs from 2g - 5kgs in 1g increments. It has the zero out function which would be good for weighing chicks in containers where you weigh the container zero it and put the chick in to weigh it. It cost about $95 but I think its worth it.

cinsara, May 13, 8:59am
Lovely, many thanks for your suggestions :-)

eastie3, May 13, 9:16am
I have Zip electronic scales that do exacly the same as mackkas in #6 above,but cost nowhere near $95.I bought them from Farmers several years ago on sale.

kinna54, May 13, 9:36am
I had a set of tupperware digital scales which cost $99. They didn't last that long, and the tupperware "lifetime guarantee" doesn't cover the scales. I gave up on them and bought a set that cost $21. Have had constant use from them, they are magic. There are some quite funky looking ones around at the moment: look for something that has a strong dish, some of them are quite flimsy. I love the digital ones as you can just zero back all the time when adding ingredients.

cookessentials, May 13, 9:45am
Salter or Soehnle. I dont know why people bother with either Briscoes or Stevens when buying items like this, they are cheap and will not go the distance. Better to spend a little more and get something decent once.

kuaka, May 13, 11:02am
I got my Salter ones with my flybuys points a few years ago.

nauru, May 13, 12:20pm
I bought mine at Countdown for $20, two years ago and they are great.Spot on with the postshop scales too.

cinsara, May 14, 2:28am
I would like a digital set that is accurate down to the teeniest weight up to about 5kg. There are lots on TM but I don't know which ones are reliable.

wildflower, May 14, 3:39am
Yeah my Briscoes ones are Zip, will got back to Salter next as that's what our old old manual ones were.

harrislucinda, May 14, 3:48am
yesihaddigial,batterykeptgoingflat,sonowjusthavemanualtype,Ibroughtofftmyearsago , Justhavetogetused to grmsassomeofmy recipesareinlbs

wildflower, May 14, 3:49am
I bought a set of digital ones at Briscoes a couple of years ago but I'm not impressed.I think I'll invest a a good pair of manual ones.Not much to go wrong there.

cinsara, May 14, 4:19am
Really! Dam, I want to be able to weigh my small chicks for growth purposes and the needle reading type ones are hard to pin point a gram or two.

mackkas, May 14, 8:52am
I have a Salter aquatronic which weighs from 2g - 5kgs in 1g increments. It has the zero out function which would be good for weighing chicks in containers where you weigh the container zero it and put the chick in to weigh it. It cost about $95 including courier, but I think its worth it.

kinna54, May 14, 9:36am
I had a set ofdigital scales which cost $99. They didn't last that long, I gave up on them and bought a set that cost $21. Have had constant use from them, they are magic. Have a look at Briscoes, there are some good larger models around. I love the digital ones as you can just zero back all the time.

wildflower, May 15, 3:39am
Yeah my Briscoes ones are Zip, will got back to Salter next as that's what our old old manual ones were.

iriegirl, May 15, 4:06am
I agree with cooks, I ave just spotted some Soehnle's for sale at a very good price on nzsale.co.nz, if you are not already a member its free to join and you can occasionly get yourself some great bargins. They have both digital and analouge ones that weigh up to 5kg, though I personally prefer my digital ones.

iriegirl, May 16, 4:06am
I agree with cooks, I ave just spotted some Soehnle's for sale at a very good price on nzsale.co.nz, if you are not already a member its free to join and you can occasionly get yourself some great bargins. They have both digital and analouge ones that weigh up to 5kg, though I personally prefer my digital ones.