Fish Thread...

Page 2 / 2
rainrain1, Nov 1, 10:34pm
Creamy Seafood Dressing
Heat 1Tblsp olive oil in a small frypan. Add 2 cloves crushed garlic and 4-5 canned anchovies and cook over medium heat for 1 minute, mashing the anchovies to a paste.Add 1 cup cream, 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan and ground black pepper.Boil for 2 minutes until bubbles start to get big, which shows the sauce is thickening.Cool before using.Great for any kind of seafood.Makes 1 cup

davidt4, Nov 1, 10:40pm
What is your point aktow!

beaker59, Nov 1, 11:36pm
I think the point is that you can have too much of a good thing, I well remember my kids growing up moaning at the dinner table "not snapper again can't we have sausages" one daughter still won't eat fish though she comes and gets fresh fish to feed to her daughters sort of ironic EH! :)

elliehen, Nov 2, 12:00am
There are other 'points' too.I know someone who enjoyed eating fish until, while on her OE, she worked in a factory in Iceland where her job on the production line was to pick out worms.

aktow, Nov 2, 9:01am
the person asked do we go out fishing and what fish do we bring home andwhat dishes we prepare from the caught fish,

i answered persons three questions,, i go out fishing but i do not like to take home any fresh fish. i prefer to buy tin pink salmon than eating my catch,,

rainrain1, Nov 2, 11:58pm
I know where you're coming from, i feel the same way about beef and mutton sometimes, get sick of the sight of it.

beaker59, Nov 3, 11:00am
One of my favourites too, highly underated in this country for some reason.

elliehen, Nov 3, 11:02am
The red Wild Alaskan salmon is more expensive but really good.

uli, Nov 17, 7:35am
In case you come across one of those salmon ellie (in your backyard) - here is what you do:
http://www.fishingmag.co.nz/salmonbottling.htm

aktow, Nov 17, 10:34am
when i was in the states we went for a drive out to bodega bay which is Sebastopol, CA, and we had fresh crumbed salmonchips for lunch,,we went down to the boats and asked if they had any salmon for sale,,we bought a massive fillet for $15, ihave never seen a fillet that big in my life. it feed three people and i had some for breakfast,,

today i had some lovely fresh smoked broadbill, on special for $7.95 a kg. i have never seen smoked fresh that cheap before,,

uli, Nov 18, 12:39am
Me neither - did it come from China maybe!

rainrain1, Nov 18, 4:36am
I had a nice piece of Brill the other night.Does anyone else eat it, it's pretty good

davidt4, Nov 18, 4:50am
We like brill.It's almost always available at the fish market.I usually bake them on an oven tray as they are too big to fit into a frying pan.

rainrain1, Nov 18, 5:10am
They are filleted for me, I have never eaten one on the bone, but I daresay I could manage one quite easily.I don't have access to a fish market as readily as little fish shops scattered here and there in some small villages and towns.I cannot drive past without stopping, I love my fish