Fish pie

ducky12, Nov 25, 11:30pm
anybody got a good one like to make one for tea using tin of smoked fish please

ballito, Nov 26, 12:02am
Make up a white sauce with milk and the liquid out of the smoked fish can.Add smoked fish.Pile into dish, add hard boiled eggs, top with mashed potato and bake until topping is browned.

a_n_h, Nov 26, 1:19am
i do the same as above. but i dont add the eggs. i also use several tins of fish as i make a huge pie as my kids(and husband) love it. i also sometimes add mixed veges too

tcv_trucks, Nov 26, 1:43am
same as #2 but I also add some prawns if I want to jazz it up a bit

veejay13, Nov 26, 2:51am
Also same as #2, but with more additions - sauteed onions (incorporated into the white sauce), whole-kernel corn, cooked peas and/or beans (frozen ones are great), left-over cooked carrots - lots of stuff you can add depending on how much you want to "pad it out".

dbab, Nov 26, 3:12am
It's really nice if you use coconut cream/milk instead of cow's milk.

ducky12, Nov 27, 1:42am
hi made pie with white sauce i put raw onions parsley did the eggs put a cut up tomatoe next then some grated cheese mashed potatoe with raw onion in it was yum

camper18, Nov 28, 9:34pm
Try this upside down version. Line a greased dish with mashed potato, fill with your favourite fish filling then top with fresh bread croutons mixed with melted butter (and grated cheese if liked.) Bake until toppong is golden and crisp.

mumstu, Nov 29, 2:46am
We are really naughty and dont go the white sauce way....we use cheese sauce and onion in it with the fish. Mashed spuds on the top, yummo!!!

tullyann, Jul 26, 7:33am
Try this we had it tonightYUMMMMMY
any fish fillets put in casserole dish
Add two LemonsJuice salt and pepper
leave in fridge for 1hr
now pour over 1 can coccunut cream
and cheese over it all then good sprinkle of Parsley
add 4boiled potato sliced over the top
now sprinke good layer of Bread crumps
pour two wisked eggs then cook in oven
SO Yummmygood luck

player_smurf, Jul 26, 9:16am
Try this...put a Maggi Seafood Soup in the sauce, makes it taste yummo!

player_smurf, Jul 27, 9:16am
Try this.put a Maggi Seafood Soup in the sauce, makes it taste yummo!

dbab, Nov 27, 3:12am
It's really nice if you use coconut cream/milk instead of cow's milk.

mumstu, Nov 30, 2:46am
We are really naughty and dont go the white sauce way.we use cheese sauce and onion in it with the fish. Mashed spuds on the top, yummo!