Smoked Fish Pie

mauricios, Jun 3, 8:14am
I have purchased some smoked fish & I would appreciate a good recipe to cook this dish.Many thanks.

sossie1, Jun 3, 8:18am
Hi, i make a basic cheese sauce and I add a little bit of Thai Curry Paste, and top with mashed kumara with a bit of the sauce dribbled on top then bake.

melissa411, Jun 3, 8:37am
Make a white sauce, add fried onion, parsley, boiled eggs and fish. put into dish, top with mashed potato, breadcrumbs and cheese. Bake.

lindylambchops1, Jun 3, 8:39am
That sounds like my fav smoked fish pie!

piquant, Jun 3, 8:51am
I bake both white fish and smoked fish in the oven for a short while. White fish I use grated lemon rind, lemon juice and a touch of lemon infused olive oil or a small knob of butter. Wrap in foil. Smoked fish I use milk. Wrap in foil. Make a roux and then use the juices and the milk from the fish to make the white sauce. Flake the fish together and add quartered hard boiled eggs.Pour over the white sauce.Mash potatoes and cover fish mix. Dot a few little bits of butter over potatoes and bake till the top is golden. Absolutely delicious!

melissa411, Jun 3, 8:51am
forgot the peas!!!

beaker59, Jun 3, 10:29am
I do what Mellisa does though use cheese sauce rather than white and grate cheese over the top to form a crust very yum :)

and the peas too

mauricios, Jun 3, 10:54am
Thank you so much everyone, very much appreciated.

janny3, Jun 3, 11:14am
For a change, saute sliced leeks & garlic in butter/olive oil w/ a little curry powder to make your white sauce.

Try mashed kumara on top instead of or as well as mashed potato...

sjc72, Jun 4, 1:05am
I do a little bit of cooked macaroni, mixed frozen veges, sliced boiled eggs, flaked smoked fish, then cheese sauce and cheese on top. bake at 180 for about 1/2 and hour. Can also do this with tinned smoked fish and use the juice to thin down a thick cheese sauce. A very economic family meal. My Mum made it for us as kids, then sent us flatting with this recipe, now I make it for my family.

janny3, Jun 4, 1:59am
I like the idea of the cooked macaroni.Going out for leeks & tin of smoked fish & will use add the macaroni.Thanks!