Easy recipes that only take 20mins

bean45, Oct 24, 9:18pm
Hi
I have been searching the recipes which i can use ,that will suit the livestyle i live.
Recipes that i can feed to my family .
that cover meat veges . fish.
which can be prepared and served in 30mins
if any one has recipes like that ,can you please passed them on
thanks

cgvl, Oct 24, 9:27pm
fish kedgeree, homemade burgers with lots of salad filling, sweet and sour fish/pork/chicken on rice or noodles. Stir fry's.
If you have a microwave then bake pototes/kumara and pumpkin in that. You can do stuffed potato/kumara, fillings can be baked beans,plain or spiced up, nacho mix, egg mixed in with potato.
All vegies on stove top will cook well within 30mins, so add mince, sausages, chicken, pork or steak, and you have a meal.

talent.scout, Oct 24, 10:01pm
Pasta dishes are quick.Chicken cabonara... diced chicken, onion, garlic, mixed herbs, salt and pepper..... fry then add cream to simmer....... all while waiting for the pasta to cook.

Spaghetti Bol and salad / garlic bread if you can be bothered......

mac cheese, with bacon tossed through....

Steak on the bar b, salad, poached eggs

cookessentials, Oct 25, 7:11am
Here you go, this would prbably take less then 20 mins. I often omit the peas and only bother with the dill if I have it. I use plenty of zest to our taste and a good grinding of fresh ground pepper - I use the gourmet with black,green and red pepper.

1 cup orzo, cooked according to packet instructions
1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
½ cup fresh or frozen peas, cooked
1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
Grated rind 1 lemon
¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 cups baby spinach leaves
200g hot-smoked salmon, broken into chunks

Place the orzo in a bowl and add the salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Fold through the peas, dill, lemon rind and parsley. Drizzle in the olive oil and lemon juice and gently toss everything together. Add the spinach and salmon and fold them through. Serve in bowls. You can also make it go further by adding wedges of hard boiled egg if you wish.

You only need to cook the orzo for a few minutes I add a little olive oil to the water,along with a pinch of salt. I taste with the teaspoon as it is cooking to get the right texture. You want it firmish,but that your teeth will go through it as opposed to mushy.

I drain and rinse under hot water - just to keep it hot,although you eat this warm or cold

rainrain1, Oct 28, 4:01am
Do you cook the spinach or fold it through raw?

rainrain1, Oct 28, 5:23am
I wanted to let you know that I made this for my tea, (no I didn't cook the spinach first) and OMG was it good!!!

nerak2, Nov 4, 4:37am
this is my quick fish dish.
In a lge frypan spray with a little olive oil and fry fishfor 1 min(any boned and skinned, I use terakihi-enough for 4 people)then add juice of 1 lemon, 1Tbsp butter,lots s&p, 12 capers, turn the fish and cook only a few minutes more, depends on thickness, and serve with mashed potatoes and peas and broc. it has a thin lemony sauce. You can also add a bit of white wine if you have it

darlingmole, Nov 4, 4:57am
re ORZO ... don't bother looking for this in the pasta section ... for reasons unknown you'll always seem to find it next to either the organic or "overseas" section of the supermarket (go figure?)

rainrain1, Nov 4, 5:01am
Explain pls ?

elliehen, Nov 4, 5:48am
Stir-fry - all over in about 15 mins, including preparation :)

cookessentials, Jul 13, 5:45pm
Fold it through raw...you need the baby spinach leaves (Sproutman or similar)