Raw Food and smoothie's

Page 1 / 2
vintagekitty, Oct 20, 8:20am
I am currently on a raw food regime, I am so sick of salad, raw vegies etc. I can eat smoothies (raw, esp berries) can some people give me some ideas, other than salad?

nahzee, Oct 20, 8:26am
juice your veges or fruit if you have a juicer-you'll get more nutrients and vitamins out of em..

vintagekitty, Oct 20, 8:27am
Yeah, doing that just a bit bored with it all

nahzee, Oct 20, 8:33am
oh well have a cheat day and cruise off to KFC

vintagekitty, Oct 20, 8:38am
lol, love to, but committed to this at the mo!

cookessentials, Oct 20, 8:50am
Hi VK, not sure if this is of use to you.
http://www.naturalhealthnz.net/books/raw-food-books.html

How is the house coming along?

cookessentials, Oct 20, 8:59am
Have also found this site with a heap of great recipes,including pictures! It is a NZ site too with yummy sounding things such as blueberry pie-with a delicious crust, asparagus delight, creamy spinach hummus, ginger sunflower pate'
Hopefully this will give you a little more variety.

http://www.fromgreytogreen.co.nz/recipes.html.

vintagekitty, Oct 20, 8:59am
Thanks so much, yes it is. House is not going well, we took the kids to disneyland for the holidays, have huge amounts of work on life is a bit sucky at the mo.

cookessentials, Oct 20, 9:10am
OMG...I am in love with those balls of fluff!! they are gorgeous VK and the old gate is pretty cool too.
Well, I hope you had a good break away...all will come right.

vintagekitty, Oct 20, 9:13am
lol they are divine. Last one MUST have your name on her- shop dog!, yes it will all come right with time

nfh1, Oct 20, 9:16am
Are you doing it for a particular reason vk, or just for something different?

cookessentials, Oct 20, 9:16am
Oh, I WISH.....problem is we go away alot and I think it would be unfair on a dog. It's bad enough with two cats and three chooks LOL,but I must say what sweethearts.
"Tuppence" springs to mind

fisher, Oct 20, 9:23am
VK... we have 3 of them... 2 boys and a girl... all having b/days over the next few weeks... two now have the fading gene and have a grey tinge to their coats apart from our youngest wee boy louie-larant, just turned 4 and can just see it starting...

vintagekitty, Oct 20, 9:24am
Im doing it for health reasons, I have recently been diagosed with cancer and want to assist/aid/combat my chemo with as much natural whole foods as possible. My diet is pretty good, but I want to pre empt the effects and aid my recovery quick smart!

vintagekitty, Oct 20, 9:26am
CUTE, my old boy is getting grey now, and mama is just starting to get the odd one. Not sure about the genes mine carry, but they still are super sprightly!

nfh1, Oct 20, 9:27am
Good idea - chemo is not very kind, necessary but not kind.I hope it all goes well for you.

Have you been eating in this way for long and have you felt any benefits?Sorry lots of questions - tell me to mind my own business if you like!

cookessentials, Oct 20, 9:28am
Hugs VK, a bit of a shock...well done you for being pro-active and taking the steps to aid your recovery. I think the site above could be really helpful for you.

vintagekitty, Oct 20, 9:29am
No, not at all, but willing to give it a go

nfh1, Oct 20, 9:29am
VK - please BL me - have just seen the puppies - lovely!!

vintagekitty, Oct 20, 9:32am
haha, there is only one left, they have sold in a week. They are so cute. Im so glad I had them, they bring so much laughter, joy and happiness as all babies do

nfh1, Oct 20, 9:33am
Have you kept one - the photo with them all on is just fantastic.

vintagekitty, Oct 20, 9:39am
no, I have enough children, dogs, cats, turtles, birds and a kune kune piglet my eldest bought home from a party at some uni flat(god, im not even going to go there!). so thats a BIG no. Plus we have the kindy pets in the holidays.

nfh1, Oct 20, 9:41am
LOL - what do you do in your spare time?

vintagekitty, Oct 20, 9:44am
haha, do the accounts for our businesses, manage our rentals, whizz my oldies their meals on wheels and foster children.. and gasp feed them baking and sugery food.

and takeaways when I cant be bothered cooking

cookessentials, Jun 13, 5:57pm
Methinks you need some "you" time