I would hate to be low carb

Page 4 / 5
cookessentials, Oct 21, 8:58pm
Mmmm,checked right through the circle of friends thread and there is nothing there that says buzzy110 and uli are not allowed to post...you must be seeing things mr beaker. However, you may not have picked up on this at about page five if I remember correctly.
Hi guys. I always thought I'd stay out of this hypocrites thread and leave you all to your smug, self-congratulations but now I feel moved to add my voice.

If you and your pals want to claim the moral high ground on niceness and peace then you really should stop going around as a group and posting jeering irrelevancies in other threads. I will, from now on do the same in here and in any other thread you lot post in and let me see just exactly how you like it.

Quotebuzzy110 (63 )3:13 pm, Sun 8 Aug #239
Kay if you want to talk to me then you'll have to bring your sniping over here. This is the place where all the friendly people like to meet and I'm a real friendly person. Come and show us your true colours.

I bought cooks into it because in all the years she has been posting Alison Holst recipes and those posted from the net elli has never once informed her that she at least, minimum needs to tell people where the recipe came from and whether she has actually cooked it herself and yet elli feels the need to tell me that I need to reference everything I write, right down to the exact line from the page.

Quotebuzzy110 (63 )3:22 pm, Sun 8 Aug #240

There is much more, perhaps you like to turn a blind eye? so before mouthing off, perhaps get ones facts straight. I have nevr hated anyone in my life...and your comments at times are not much better...remember the "meat" thread i started? no, I dont suppose you do, I can always refresh your memory if you need me to. Have a great day.

cookessentials, Oct 21, 9:15pm
The wait must be agonising charlie.

cookessentials, Oct 21, 9:20pm
I have asked Trademe to remove this whole thread ( no offence VK but I think it needs to go, mainly because of other comments since yours.) Have a great day all.

papariccardo, Oct 21, 9:50pm
I will let him know that a woman on the boards has better skills than himself. He will be annoyed at having done so many years of medicine, when in fact a brief visit here would have been more beneficial.

Are you perhaps overweight, unable to shake the sugar addiction, and therefore a tad defensive?

maxwell.inc, Oct 21, 10:11pm
Feritas a Man papa ;o) I know.. shocking eh!

papariccardo, Oct 21, 10:15pm
!

kay141, Oct 21, 10:36pm
Thanks for that cooks. I have just about given up posting. I have been called a liar and worse by buzzy,uli and their cronies too many times for comfort.

griffo4, Oct 21, 10:37pm
Full moon due tomorrow so on its wane this place will come back to normal till the next one is due

Have a great weekend everybody

Hope you find out real soon about your place charlieb2 l bet you are sick of living in limbo waiting to hear what will happen to your place, my thoughts are with you

elliehen, Oct 21, 10:52pm
Perspective is EVERYTHING, charlieb2.

Best to remind yourself that a bit of sabre-rattling by no-name, funny-name people like everyone on this TM internet blog is best forgotten as soon as you get up and walk away from your computer chair :)

amiri1, Oct 21, 10:59pm
I tell my friend this when she says and does "naughty" things.

Tacking on "sorry" or "have a nice day" or "I mean it in a nice way" doesn't make whatever you've said better or nicer. It's a snide way of getting under peoples skin. And denial when someone pulls you up on it just doesn't make you look any better!
She agreed and has worked on herself to make herself a better person (her words not mine).
She now doesn't tack the false words onto the end of her statements.

Living with type 1 diabetes (which is an auto-immune disease) is not pleasant to live with and I still hear bitterness and self righteousness even with diabetes. Funny that!

People have picked sides. Fine! But why lump everyone together. I'm peeved off at some comments on here but I don't think I'm bitter or old looking. I think I look a bit like a lot of people who are reading this.
If I eat carbs, even low carb carbs, hell even no carbs, my blood sugars go up. In diabetes language this shortens my life span. Should I be ridiculed for eating in a way which makes my body feel better and may help me live longer?
I eat carbs my blood sugars bounce around even with insulin, I feel sick, etc and could develop complications.

Now tell me why I should feel like crap just to make other people feel better? Find what works for you and do it! Easy as that!

Please don't put down other peoples opinions and lifestyles just because you want to take out frustrations on them. I do it to live, not to follow a crowd (although I quite happily agree that I'm a sheeple).:)

charlieb2, Oct 21, 11:07pm
Never fear ellie... I lose no sleep over it

ferita, Oct 21, 11:53pm
Low carbers dont eat grains

amiri1, Oct 21, 11:59pm
Some do in small quantities.

Low carb is just something to fixate on if you want to. :)

visionspring, Oct 22, 12:29am
I know some low carbers who eat oats for brekkie - aren't those grains? Even on the final phase of the Atkins diet, you are supposed to add in grains and legumes etc

I think that Paleo/Primal people are more wary of gains, etc.

papariccardo, Oct 22, 1:15am
I do muesli for brekkie. However, I was thinking beans when I said grains.

maxwell.inc, Oct 22, 1:32am
Papa, that site you joined yesterday ;o) in the recipes section of the Forum there is a breakfast thread.. HEAPS of yummy ideas.

D4t also left you a link to an Asian dish on the welcome page.

uli, Oct 22, 2:07am
And the same goes for you kay. I have never ever in my life called someone a "liar". Please produce evidence NOW!

I have never called you "a liar and worse" - so retract this now and apologize or show proof of it - and no - I will NOT let this go - this is going far too far now for far too long.

I will follow this up to the bitter end now - it looks like someone needs to take a stand here at some stage.

cookessentials, Oct 22, 2:12am
Quote uli" So VK can make her feelings clear by abusing several people and singling them out - and then exactly those people should "let it go"? Take a leaf out of your own book there cookie! I have made it clear that I understand HER situation if you care to read my post above. Either there is an apology forthcoming from you or I will take this further"
Go on then, be our guest. Trademe have already been asked to remove the thread. Amazing that a "bully" does not like a taste of her own medicine...so do your worst if that makes you feel good.

cookessentials, Oct 22, 2:13am
Like a dog with a bone.

cookessentials, Oct 22, 2:25am
Perhaps YOU need to read Uli, this was in answer to beaker...not you!

nfh1, Oct 22, 3:42am
I don't think you should eat anything which you do not like, makes you ill or you simply do not fancy.

I don't really care what people eat or the way they eat as long as they do not continually remind me that my way is wrong and I am on the road to a swift and painful death.

I love reading the threads, especially when there are opposing views, makes for very interesting times, but I hate the all or nothing posts, the my way or nothing posts.The posts are a welcome break from doing assignments and they are funny, infuriating, sad and sometimes just silly but welcome all the same!

Life is too short to worry about what other people eat.

cookessentials, Oct 22, 4:15am
Agree totally to that!

player_smurf, Oct 22, 4:19am
This thread is pathetic! Hard to believe that grown woman can carry on in such a childish way!

cookessentials, Oct 22, 4:23am
Mmmm, another one not aware of the circumstances.

player_smurf, Oct 22, 4:30am
Ummmmmmmmmmm I can read...doesn't matter what the circumstances are....it's pathetic!