I would hate to be low carb

Page 2 / 5
purplegoanna, Oct 21, 3:42am
HEY IM LOW CARB AND IM NOT SOUR!

maxwell.inc, Oct 21, 3:43am
PG's a sweetie with no added sugar!

purplegoanna, Oct 21, 3:46am
AND ULI HAS NEVER PUT ME DOWN FOR ANY QUESTION OR COMMENT IVE MADE, AND HAS PROVIDED ME WITH AWESOME LOW CARB ADVISE KNOWING FULL WELL THAT AT TIMES I DIVULGE IN ILLEGITIMATE CARB ACTIVITIES! UNLIKE OTHERS WHO'VE MADE NEGATIVE COMMENTS AS TO MY LACK OF WILLPOWER/KNOWLEDGE AND WANT TO ATTEMPT A LOW CARB DIET AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.....(BEING LOW CARB ISNT A CRIME IF ONE DOSNT STICK TO IT 24/7 YOU KNOW).

purplegoanna, Oct 21, 3:48am
NOT TODAY I HAD SUBWAY!....oops still shouting....bloddy mrpg and his i want 'subway'! fag him i wanted chinese....neva mind a good hr's walk and a salad dinner will make me feel less guilty.....

cookessentials, Oct 21, 3:51am
Why are you shouting PG?
I am sure you have been given great advice and the reason being....you are doing something that uli agrees with, if you were not, she would let you have it. Anyway folks, under the circumstances if you have not picked up on it yet, how about letting it rest? we dont need a circus made out of it.

papariccardo, Oct 21, 3:55am
Hiya PG, hows you? What are some great Chinese meals that are low carb? I have the advantage of an 80yo Chinese neighbour that is a great cook, and I'm sure she would make me up some yummy stuff.

purplegoanna, Oct 21, 3:56am
lol ive got sticky keys and my . hardly works anymore...nup we've disagreed on many occasions and neva once has she gone on to attack me in any shape or form, whereas others have made me out to be a complete idiot.....the thing is every one has a opinion thats what makes us all different and the world a better place...if we were all lemmings and followed each other around with our noses up each others bum doing the same old thing what a boring world we'd live in....

cookessentials, Oct 21, 3:58am
True, however( see my comments in the Jaime Oliver thread - nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade, its HOW you say it...nothing worse than being hit right between the eyes with said spade.

purplegoanna, Oct 21, 3:58am
as long as it dosnt have bread(flour), rice, pasta or spuds in it then im fine...theyre my ultimate arch ENEMYS...have you tried that wee restaurant across from the climbing place yet...

nfh1, Oct 21, 4:00am
LOL pg -long may you enjoy them - life is far too short to worry about a few carbs here and there!

papariccardo, Oct 21, 4:02am
Love-a-Duck?
MMMmmmmm, love it.

purplegoanna, Oct 21, 4:09am
arent they awesome another special secret place of ours is Sam Woo's in otahuhu across from the plod station in an old car sales yard building....

deviant7, Oct 21, 4:12am
I am EXTREMELY happy, Ive lost 17kgs, ive never felt healthier. I have energy, My skin looks great, I barely get pms or period pain anymore ( which I use to quite badly) im not as emotionalI LOVE life.

buzzy110, Oct 21, 5:20am
I'm sure you may have missed the irony in your post nfh1 - low carb means that people actually do eat carbs. Low carb folk are NOT no carb folk.

It also means that, if we want, we can have a slice of something not particularly low carb. However, we just don't do it everyday like others.

We know that while bread may be considered the staff of life, it can inexorably "scythe away at our health" till our old age is filled with auto-immune disease, diabetes and obesity.

buzzy110, Oct 21, 5:26am
cooks thinks there is a nice fluffy way of telling people that diabetes, obesity, cardio-vascular disease and auto-immune diseases are a result of eating a diet which is high in sugary, fructose and grass seed foods. Well there isn't. If you eat that way that is the projected outcome.

I have read enough conventional health warnings that state that if we eat saturated fat we will get cardio vascular disease and considerably shorten our lives and that is, in cooks own estimation, a whack between the eyes with a spade but she would disagree, seeing nothing wrong with that message or they way it is conveyed!!
Odd, huh? Same information just different foods so one is 'terrible' and shouldn't be said and one is 'good' and any way it is said is OK.

cookessentials, Oct 21, 6:19am
Absolute RUBBISH buzzy110...you just cannot have a conversation with anyone without being condescending,rude,snide and damn beligerent. Your brash,immature manner is rife throughout the message boards and you seem to rub damn near everyone up th wrong way...I wonder why?

cookessentials, Oct 21, 6:20am
You have made it patently obvious you have no clue at how to convery any message whatsoever.

kirinesha, Oct 21, 6:24am
Not to mention that you look drop dead gorgeous :)

markkirsty, Oct 21, 6:26am
Errrr.....Could I have the lolly cake recipe please vintagekitty? I came home to a yummy chicken and mushroom risotto tonight, so definately not carb free in my house, lol!!

bedazzledjewels, Oct 21, 6:28am
Do a search over on the left hand side of your screen.
In the old days I used to be quite partial to a bit of lolly cake. My Mum used to shape the mix around a marshmallow and then roll it in coconut.
Now it would taste unbearably sweet. Ah well, I'm sweet enough without it! Sh Kirinesha!

ningnz, Oct 21, 6:35am
Knowing deviant7 in real life.. I can say she looks awesome.. and has had amazing weight loss in the last few months.. and I can also say as a fellow low carber.. and young (26) that I also feel happier... have lost about 10kgs and have way way more energy...

kirinesha, Oct 21, 6:37am
...hope you don't mind me mentioning that you are also Vegan? :)

bedazzledjewels, Oct 21, 6:37am
And you look gorgeous too!

ningnz, Oct 21, 7:24am
tis fine

nfh1, Oct 21, 8:15am
How could I possibly not be aware of the difference between low carb, no carb buzzy when you post at great lengths to 'explain' to us.

There was no irony in my post it was a straightforward response to pg"s post, as you well know.

Sometimes when I read your posts I almost feel a life of 'auto-immune disease, diabetes and obesity' would be preferable to one filled with such bitterness and self-righteousness as you often display on the boards.But you do make me laugh although I am sure that is not your intention.

It is such a shame because you have much of interest in your posts.