cauliflower recipe ideas please..

Page 2 / 2
lookingfor, Dec 9, 6:20am
Wow, all your recipes sound yummy, I have always just cooked cauliflower as steamed over boiling pototaoes and then made cheese sauce to eat it with

chris313, Dec 9, 6:23am
I just cut it into nice sized pieces, flour then into beaten egg, coat in breadcrumbs, spray with olive oil and roast for about 40 minutes until tender. It's a bit crispy and with a nice saice is gorgeous!

cheapmike, Dec 9, 7:57am
Cauliflower Blue Cheese Gratin. Steam 1 head of cauliflower till just undercooked. rice cooker was good for this with steaming pan.
fry 3 slices of chopped smoky bacon and remove bacon keeping fat in pan. add chopped onion and saute until golden. add 2 tbsp of flour cook 1 min. slowly add 2 cups warm milk and simmer/ bring to just aboutboiling and add blue cheese . I used half a wedge. return bacon. 1/2 tsp mustard powder &salt and pepper to season to taste (I like pepper so used quite a bit). xfer to oven proof dish. Mix about 1/2 cup breadcrumbs with salt&pepper and1 tsp paprika and about 1 tbsp of melted butter and cover cauli and sauce. bake in hot oven to crisp breadcrumbs. (20 mins). Mrs, who gave me a sideways look when i came out of the supermarket with a lovely head of cauli loved it. If i did it again would probably use a whole creamy blue wedge, maybe brie for this. yum!

nauru, Dec 9, 8:12am
Would you like to share your recipe darlingmole, nice to file away for Winter

jennyl11, Dec 21, 1:40am
jessie981 regarding the recipe of Aunt Daisys if you bottle when cold how long does it keep?

tommi2, Dec 21, 2:54am
Cauliflower Salad: Cauliflower, diced apple, chopped walnuts, finely chopped parsley and mayonnaise or french dressing

tommi2, Dec 21, 2:57am
Cauliflower with Almonds:Steam cauli until tender. Gently fry 1/2 cup slivered almonds with 1 clove garlic(finely chopped) and 1 cup soft breadcrumbs in 4tbsp butter until crumbs are crisp and almonds are brown. Serve over cauliflower

tommi2, Dec 21, 3:00am
Cauliflower Bake:1 medium cauli(cooked until just tender), grated cheese, 4 eggs, salt, 1/2 cup cream, cayenne pepper. Into a greased ovenproof dish put a generous layer of grated cheese. Arrange large pieces of cooked cauli, stalk and all, on top. Break 4 eggs over the cauli, sprinkle with salt, pour over 1/2 cup cream, cover with a thick layer of grated cheese and sprinkle with cayenne pepper. Bake uncovered at 150c for 45mins or until eggs are set and cheese is browned

tommi2, Dec 21, 3:05am
Curried Cauliflower:1 medium cauli, 1tbsp good curry powder, 2 cloves garlic(finely chopped), 1tsp fresh ginger(finely chopped), salt to taste, 2tbsp oil or butter, 1tsp cumin. Cut cauli into large flowerets. Wash and drain and put in a basin. Sprinkle with curry powder, garlic, ginger and salt, mix well with a fork. Heat oil or butter in a shallow saucepan. Fry cumin for 1/2min, add cauli mix and cook for 3mins, stirring thoroughly. Lower the heat, sprinkle a little water over, cover and simmer until cauli is just tender. Add more oil or butter at short intervals to prevent sticking. Serve with indian bread or rice and dhal

k1andb2, Feb 23, 1:49am
BUMPING... ... ... as cauliflower is cheap at the moment.

rainrain1, Feb 23, 4:28am
Make a salad out of it raw, it's darn good. Little cauli flowerettes, toasted nuts, spring onion, or red onion, cooked peas, your favourite dressing, season to taste. Add what you like really. Hard boiled egg is nice too, but probably better in a salad when you have par cooked the cauli

creek, Feb 23, 6:34am
lazy way to have cheese sauce cook cauilflower while hot grate cheese over good for vistors incase they don't like cheese sauce

sparkyc, Sep 2, 1:51am
Cauliflower salad

Cauliflower broken into small pieces
Mayonaise
seseame seeds

Mixed in a bowl, chilled, then serve... ... . . very tasty