Lamb leg steaks - recipe ideas?

unknowndisorder, Apr 27, 8:08pm
just wondering if anyone has some brilliant recipes for lamb leg steaks.
Nothing that involves mint (I.e. With mint and yoghurt dressing as neither of us like it).

otherwise was thinking of rubbing it with sumac, chucking a can of tomatoes, onion, Rosemary, into a pot and seeing what came out.

TIA :)

magenta, Apr 27, 9:06pm
You can cut them into cubes and make a delicious curry!

ruby19, Apr 28, 6:13am
I have used lamb instead of chicken to make kebabs - wrap style

http://toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/2012/08/chicken-shawarma/

unknowndisorder, Apr 28, 6:33am
I sort of used this recipe:

Serve with any hot vege of your choosing.

SPICED CHOPS
Serves 6
12 forequarter chops (I have used lamb chops, pork chops - whatever is on special)
1 carrot
1 onion
3 rounded tbspns plain flour
1 rounded tbspn sugar
1/2 level tspn mustard
1/2 level tspn curry powder
1/2 level tspn mixed spice
1/2 level tspn ground ginger
1 rounded tspn salt
a good pinch of pepper
2 tbspns tomato sauce
2 tbspns vinegar
1 1/2 cups water

Trim chops and place in a casserole. Cover with sliced carrot and onion. (or you could put straight into your crockpot). Mix all the dry ingredients in a basin, then add the sauce, vinegar and water. Pour over the chops. Allow to stand for one hour. Then cook in a slow oven with the lid on for 2 hours or until chops are tender.

petal1955 (295 295 positive feedback) 4:46 am, Fri 12 Dec #2

But added garlic, garlic olive oil, a little bit of chilli flakes, tin of tomatoes, and changed curry powder for garam masala (could not be bothered going out to buy curry as we don't really use it).

The tomatoes was to tone it down as I figured DH would not be impressed with my "little bit of chilli flakes". I also forgot to marinade it for an hour (wanted to keep reading my book, and figured I would run out of time otherwise lol).

But I enjoyed it (dinner, the book is still being enjoyed) :)

and I will definitely have to try the shawarma recipe, as loved them when in Europe years ago :)

thornton1961, Apr 28, 7:03am
this is a good one. you can just do them as a steak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ0V3zDX0R0

ljayl, Sep 7, 3:10am
I egg and breadcrumb them and shallow fry . YUMMY