Catering for 30 Sportspeople any recipe ideas must

supercook, Sep 23, 3:22am
Be healthy food and must be affordable.
Will me making 2 soups veggie and pumpkin
Cold meats and salad
Thinking of a veggie frittata
Salad ideas's ??

jed, Sep 23, 3:41am
Salad ideas....Couscous, home-made coleslaw, carrot and raison salad, greek salad, green tossed salad, shrimp salad.Have fun :)

vintagekitty, Sep 23, 3:50am
What about some pasta dishes?

supercook, Sep 23, 4:09am
Yip pasta is cheap to buy but must be healthy

cookessentials, Sep 23, 4:29am
Tomato Lamb Curry For A Crowd Can be prepared up to two days before serving or it can be frozen. 3 boned-out legs of lamb (about 2kg each) 2 tbsp oil;4 cloves garlic,crushed;10 med onions,quartered;1 tbsp curry powder;3x400g cans tomatoes;3 tsp cornflour;2 tbsp water;90g blanched almonds;30g butter;3 tbsp chopped parsley. Trim away excess fat from lamb,cut into 2.5cm cubes.Heat oil in a large pan,gradually add enough lamb to cover the base of the pan in a single layer,cook over high heat stirring till goldenbrown all over,remove from pan,repeat with remaining lamb until all is well browned cont....

Quotebrianmac (133 )9:10 am, Tue 13 Mar #13
Itis important to fry the meat well. Add garlic,onions and curry powder to pan,stir constantly until onion is lightly browned.Add undrained crushed tomatoes.Stir until mixture boils. Combine all these ingredients in a lge pan,cover,simmer one hour or until meat is tender.Stir several times while cooking. Stir in blended cornflour and water,stir till mixture boils and thickens. cont......

Quotebrianmac (133 )9:14 am, Tue 13 Mar #14
cont.... Place almonds and butter in another pan,stir over heat until almonds are lightly browned. Drain on kitchen paper. Serve lamb sprinkled with almonds and parsley.

chef1964, Sep 23, 5:06am
pasta salad with a pesto type dressing just omit the cheese from your pesto (assuming of course you'll make the pesto yourself) for a healthy option

buzzy110, Sep 23, 5:33am
Oh I've got this one - Salad you say (just so everyone is clear) and healthy (presuming you believe pasta is healthy)

How about a Rizoni Salad?

Boil as much Rizoni as you require till al dente.
Make a vinaigrette from olive oil and cider vinegar.
Slice finely or grate the following - red onion, carrot, spring onion, celery, deseeded tomatoes and toss in.
Slice small and cook fresh beans, add small broccoli flowerets and some frozen peas near the end of the cooking time. Blanch and add.
Olives and dill pickleare also nice additions and optional.
Ham - diced finely = good.
An Italian would have no problems using Anchovies but I'm guessing the average NZer would.
Can add garlic to the dressing if you like.
Season and add the dressing at the last minute. Toss.

toadfish, Sep 23, 5:48pm
Brown Rice Salad

1 cup brown rice
1 3/4 cup water
1/4 cup soya sauce (light if available)
1/2 onion finely chopped

Cook the rice in the water & when cooked & still hot add the soya sauce and finely chopped onions let cool (a couple of hours preferably overnight)

Add the following ~
1 red pepper chopped
2 Spring Onions
1/2 cup roasted peanuts chopped ( I leave them whole)
1/2 cup each of roasted sunflower and pumpkin seeds and sultanas.

Dressing:
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp grated lemon rind
1 clove garlic crushed
tsp fresh ginger
1 tsp honey or Sugar
pinch of salt.

Mix and pour over salad.Mix well.

You can add as many different seed types as you like really... I have also added a drained can of chickpeas

brianmac, Sep 23, 6:57pm
Sounds yum Julia. I have also bumped up the meat,potato,vege threads as there are some great ideas there for you #1

winnie231, Apr 11, 3:51pm
Oh Toady ... your Brown Rice Salad is soooo good!!!

It has to be one of the most reproduced recipes on this MB :)
Nice to see it written out by you as I know a few things have been altered as it's been shared.
I've copied this version so I know I now have the original :)