Bolar roast in Slow cooker

supercook, Sep 11, 2:47am
Do you put any stock in the bottom of cooker

robyn1313, Sep 11, 2:51am
In the past I have put in a bottle of beer and some Worcestershire sauce which worked well.

supercook, Sep 11, 2:53am
Great thanks Robyn or I guess abit of Red wine ?

fifie, Sep 11, 2:56am
Always do my beef roasts like this. Rub meat all over with a little oil, and some chopped garlic ,salt and ground black pepper. Heat a frying pan till hot put meat in and brown well all over. Place meat in crock pot drizzle a little balsamic vinegar over it lid on and cook. When done remove meat, cover with foil to rest a little while you tip out juices into a sauce pan and make a yummy gravy... Nice and tender meat full of flavour.

robyn1313, Sep 11, 3:05am
Yep - red wine works well too!! I'm going to make bread in mine in about 5 min.Give that a go as well if you haven't tried yet.

jillybeans2, Sep 11, 4:09am
I rub baking soda, salt and flour into the meat, put it in an oven bag and cook slowly all day...tender as a mother-in-laws kiss

cap, Sep 11, 4:28am
I never bother putting in any liquid as it gives off enough of its own but you can add for flavour if desired.

poppy62, Sep 11, 9:27am
x1
I have done a bolar in the slow cooker many times but found that I now prefer it roasted in an oven bag with a little oil and garlic.Seems to retain its moisture better this way.

beaker59, Mar 12, 10:52am
I brown well in the frypan then into slow cooker I then brown a sliced onion and deglaze the pan with half a glass of red wine or white wine or fruit juice etc then pour theonions and slightly reduced wine over the meat cook on high for 3 or 4 hours. I would also add fresh rosemary bay leaves and garlic to the slow cooker.