Potato ricer

croc1, Sep 9, 9:07pm
Hi,do you still use butter or milk when you use a ricer.

cookessentials, Sep 9, 9:20pm
No. You want to cook them till they are nice and soft. Most ricers come with 2-3 different size ricing plates which will give you from fine through to coarser potato. Choose which plate you want and insert in the ricer. Add the cooked potato ( not too much at a time though) and press the handle - basically like a large garlic press.

You can also rice other vegatables in this way.

croc1, Sep 9, 9:30pm
Thanks for that,will try tonight.

pickles7, Sep 10, 3:00am
Butter and hot milk is added before serving if you wish, just mix them in by hand.

soden, Sep 10, 5:40am
Don't use milk or butter...just cream.Best potatoes are Agria once cooked and drained leave on your element for a bit to dry them out.
While boiling add a half of a whole bulb of garlic cut across the middle.Then squeeze garlic into potatoes and put through the ricer.Also while boiling put in some rosemary but get rid of it once boiled.This was given to me by a top chef.

goldgurl_design, Sep 10, 5:41am
I'd still add what I usually add to my potatoes!!! That's the flavour!!

Now I want to know where and how much your ricer was please - I'd LOVE one!!

retired, Sep 10, 6:14am
I could not get on with my potato ricer and got rid of it.Back to the old tried and true potato masher and a good whip with a fork!

kuaka, Sep 10, 9:31am
Have you checked for them on here - I have seen them for sale, both new and secondhand.

guest, Jan 11, 8:59am
Great intihgs. Relieved I'm on the same side as you.

guest, Jan 13, 1:51pm
This will be my first year hosting Thanksgiving Dinner for my hsanubd and his family. I am very excited and nervous! I have a lot of people coming and if something goes wrong I will just die! I am thankful that I have found your website as I have never made my own gravy before but I am looking forward to it!

guest, Jan 14, 10:00am
My spouse and i ended up being colmortabfe when Jordan managed to round up his survey by way of the ideas he discovered from your web pages. It is now and again perplexing to just possibly be giving for free concepts that many others could have been making money from. We really acknowledge we have you to be grateful to because of that. The type of illustrations you made, the simple web site navigation, the friendships you can make it possible to engender it is all wonderful, and it is leading our son in addition to the family understand that subject is enjoyable, and that is extremely pressing. Thank you for the whole thing!