Low carb white sauce recipe wanted for smoked fish

gardie, Aug 23, 8:31am
Can anyone help with this. Search box found me 174 pages of low carb but I didn't really feel like going through that many pages.
I can make white sauce - generally use a roux but not sure what low crb thickening agent. (new to lc). TIA

razell, Aug 23, 8:42am
check out that new LC site it has a couple of fish pie recipes

mamabecs, Aug 23, 8:46am
If you heat cream, it thickens. Cream is low-carb compared to milk and flour, so I assume it is your best bet.

kirinesha, Aug 23, 8:49am
I heat cream and stir through grated cheese or cream cheese, and if I want it thicker I beat an egg yolk, mix in a little of the hot cream then beat it all back into the rest of the cream.

guest, Apr 1, 1:49pm
Low carb = low cal. That's why it works. Plain and simple. When you revmoe one whole macronutrient from your plate, you reduce your calories by approx 1/3rd. Was nothing to do with food type. You can lose weight eating pasta, or rice, or yams. So long as you run a calorie deficit. I eat lean protein, carbs, fat. I just eat less and I exercise more. I lost 30 lbs in 4 months and kept it off 2 yrs now. Eat from smaller plates. Ur eyes see a full plate, but ur eating less. Go walking too