Nice & easy snacks when on Aitkins please

Page 2 / 2
davidt4, Aug 23, 12:53am
Some health food shops sell coconut flour and almond flour - I buy them from Huckleberry Farms. You can buy coconut flour by mail order from http://www.frot.co.nz/nature/coconut.htm

trading_gibsons, Aug 23, 12:55am
Thaks for info.

visionspring, Aug 23, 1:09am
Biltong! Get it from a good south african shop, and always asked what spices they used. I usually find that the salt from it is not an issue when lowcarbing, but I am not sure about other people's experience with that?

Fried chicken skins... ... fry until golden crispy like chips! Prefer to use happy chickens for this... . not sad battery ones

Buttered slices of cheddar/edam/colby cheese! The butter really brings out the creaminess of the cheese.

Celery dipped in cream cheese - use like a scoop

Handful of Macadamia nuts

marielize1, Aug 23, 7:50am
visionspring wrote:
Biltong! Get it from a good south african shop, and always asked what spices they used. I usually find that the salt from it is not an issue when lowcarbing, but I am not sure about other people's experience with that?
/quote]

I make my own, it is so easy. Where other people have a cookie jar, I keep a biltong jar stocked with nibbles for me and the family. Its great for the kids who are always looking for someting fast.

elliehen, Feb 19, 9:01pm
visionspring, I think your happy chickens will be just as sad as the battery ones by the time you're munching on their skins ;)