Nice & easy snacks when on Aitkins please

Page 1 / 2
trading_gibsons, Aug 22, 12:06am
Has anyone got favourites & would love something chrunchy

buzzy110, Aug 22, 12:22am
Go to the dark side. this is a web site set up in NZ by NZer's for NZers. It is a recipe site and general support site for those of us who are low carbers. I am not allowed to give you the name of the site or even provide you with a link because of Trade Me rules. If we do post a link the thread is either removed, we get warned or even barred for a period of time so you will have to find it yourself.

But if you are interested you could try searching low carb cooking nz and see what comes up. The recipes are brilliant.

Edited to say that you can find recipes under headings so there will be one just for snacks. It is easier to find recipes in that format than finding them all over the place here.

trading_gibsons, Aug 22, 12:29am
Thanks Buzzy,
she whispers, didn't know asking was a no no

bedazzledjewels, Aug 22, 12:30am
No problem with asking trader_gibsons.
See you over there.

bluecalico, Aug 22, 2:15am
melt cheese in microwave... it bubbles up and cooks and looks like a brandy snap before you roll it... . then spread it with no salt peanut butter

mistrycelebrity, Aug 22, 2:16am
a boiled egg

large lettuce leaf with ham and cheese wrapped inside

piece of chicken

coffee with cream

greek yoghurt with berries

salted roasted almonds

chunk of coconut

ferita, Aug 22, 3:34am
A block of butter covered in lard

mistrycelebrity, Aug 22, 5:45am
haha ignore the troll

elliehen, Aug 22, 6:29am
ferita's actually not far wrong ;)

One of the snacks recommended in the low carb/no carb thread is a 'cheese sandwich' - two thick slices of cheese put together with a slab of butter!

davidt4, Aug 22, 6:44am
But that's not crunchy ferita. You didn't read the question properly.

bedazzledjewels, Aug 22, 6:44am
So? No-one's forcing you to eat it! Sounds a lot better than tofu surprise!

elliehen, Aug 22, 6:47am
Roll it in extra-crunchy peanut butter!

elliehen, Aug 22, 6:49am
Your recipe please, BJ?

bedazzledjewels, Aug 22, 7:09am
Ha ha Ellie! It's an in joke in our house.
Maybe you could dream up a recipe?

uli, Aug 22, 7:46am
Ohhh - ellie - I thought you wouldn't post in "those threads" - what happened?

elliehen, Aug 22, 11:47am
For you? ? Pork Brawn:Take one pig's head, cut off snout, clean out ears...

That's our in-joke - it's the actual first line of a recipe and never fails to amuse, in a macabre sort of way.

elliehen, Aug 22, 12:06pm
Whatever gave you that idea? ? I have read several Atkins books - I have something to contribute.

What I DID say was that I would not post in the Low Carb/No Carb People support thread, and I haven't! I'll retire from the MB if you can find one post from me in the the 8000 odd posts there ;)

accroul, Aug 22, 7:53pm
Yummy combo ferita - although I prefer a block of lard covered in butter.

accroul, Aug 22, 7:57pm
you're on fire elliehen - loving the humor in this thread!

to #1 - salami, nuts, cheese, LC crackers made from almonds & cheese, eggs (oh yes, most LC'ers love their eggs! ), cold sliced meats + anything else over at the dark side.

trading_gibsons, Aug 22, 8:30pm
ha ha
I see there has been a lot of ideas flowing since I've left the mb yesterday, especially salivating at the thoughtthe butter & lard combo. Could you tell me how long to boil pigs head?
Promise to try them all.

elliehen, Aug 22, 10:34pm
I'll hunt out the book, not currently one I use! But the recipe is probably over on that 'other side'... it gets darker... singe off bristles etc

If you're still looking for a CRUNCHY snack why not stuff a chunk of celery stick with either peanut butter or cream cheese?

accroul, Aug 22, 11:39pm
blend together equal weights of cheddar cheese & ground almonds until it resembles playdoh when squished together. Roll into small balls & flatten on a lined tray. bake @180deg until dark golden brown. Allow to cool. Good with a slice of 'good' cheese & a thin slice of tomato! ---or just by themselves.
Can add seasoned salts/herbs/chilli etc for different flavours. Even cut the almond down by half and sub with ground flax - still tastes good - just 'nuttier'.

trading_gibsons, Aug 23, 12:19am
Immmm singed bristles

OK I looked in Foodtown for coconut/almond flour- not expecting to find it- & surprise , surprise they didn't have any. Could anyone tell me where to find this. Thanks

wild-at-heart, Aug 23, 12:26am
Hi

I have just brought some Aitkens Bars and Horleys low carb bars for snacks. Are these ok to have?

trading_gibsons, Aug 23, 12:31am
I stared at them for a loooonnnggggtime while I was up at the shops, before deciding not to buy them, was very tempted