Raro Orange Juice in a can in the 70's

Page 2 / 2
evorotorua, Jan 1, 9:18pm
Just spoke to my mother and she said this man had never married or had any children. I guess he was a hardened sailor. She also said we had stayed at that resort once and enjoyed it. I don't really remember as I was about 10 then. In the tropics for five years and one beach is just like the next!! I would imagine though they we had had met your Dad at some stage!!

guest, Jul 23, 10:22pm
Hi Does anyone remember the volume of one of these raro juice cans? mls or pints, thanks

korbo, Aug 16, 9:22am
who remembers the raro orange juice in a can in the 70's and today.what would be the same.

just found an old recipe that i remember my mum used to make up for my old uncle, and it had 1 can of raro orange juic, water, sugar and lemon juice. was really yumy

bluecalico, Aug 16, 9:28am
Yes I remember that.and also Jungle Juice, and Lei, think that is way spelt which was a lemon drink in a can you mixed with water.

cookessentials, Aug 16, 9:38am
Yep, Raro from Rarotonga and it was delicious. You could try a Golden Circle one in a can - I think that would be the nearest.

cookessentials, Aug 16, 10:44pm
Yes, I do. My Dad used to go up to the Islands frequently ( he was a ships captain)we used to get raro and the fruit salad as well as huge watermelons, boxes of oranges and HUGE bunches of bananas that Dad would hang on a hook from the garage roof! we also used toget coconuts, sugar cane,pineapples etc

seniorbones, Aug 17, 4:52am
Gosh, would you be allowed to bring all that in these days! customs are pretty tough now! if you watch the border control programme its amazing how much drug making ingrediants is sent over, I hope the recipiants are being prosecuted!

cookessentials, Aug 17, 5:12am
All went through customs, even way back then.