I want to give low carb a try...please help

Page 3 / 3
cj707, Aug 15, 9:38am
I tried to do sureslim but I think that even the small amounts of carbs they allowed and especially staggered during the day set up cravings for me. I also found the withdrawal from cabs extremely difficult as I can suffer from headaches when I make dietary changes and this has made me very scared of making changes. I find it all really difficult cos I have symptoms if I eat too many carbs and so I try to make the changes gradual but then when I start to feel better I get slack and start having more carbs again. I'm not sure if anyone understands what I mean.

cookessentials, Aug 15, 9:52am
Any dietary change can be dissicult to start with cj707, you would find that after a few days, those symptoms will disappear. It's a bit like someone trying to give up smoking... you just have to perservere to come through the other side.

cookessentials, Aug 15, 10:40am
should read difficult.

cookessentials, Aug 15, 9:45pm
This may help your understanding.
The three hormones most central to rapid weight loss are Human Growth Hormone (HGH), Insulin and Serotonin.

Work on the Human Growth Hormone started in the early 1970's and has remained at the medical forefront as one of the most important hormones in the body. It was quickly identified as one of the most important hormones in the body, not just in relation to weight loss but for overall health and wellbeing. Briefly, HGH is responsible for:

The regeneration and preservation of body, organ and muscle tissue
The breaking down of fat in the body
The normalizing of blood pressure
The return of youthful vitality, energy and stamina
The improvement of cholesterol and more...
The other hormones which impact weight loss include:

Insulin

Insulin is a hormone released by the pancreas in response to glucose in the blood stream. Insulin regulates blood sugar levels. For weight loss to occur, the insulin is controlled or 'blocked' to regulate blood-glucose levels and therefore stopping hunger cravings.

Serotonin

Serotonin (which controls the craving for food... especially starches! ), will increase once the insulin is controlled, resulting a remarkable sense of wellbeing.

In people who suffer from obesity (those who are overweight):

HGH levels are lower than they could be.
There is a high resistance to Insulin.
There is a reduction in brain Serotonin level.
All this combines to result in one or more of the following:

Constant food craving
Any food eaten being converted into fat instead of energy
Weight gain (no matter how much or little you eat! )
Heartburn and constant indigestion
Low energy and constant tiredness
Diabetic-like symptoms and episodes
Water retention
Irritable Bowel Syndrome

cookessentials, Aug 15, 9:46pm
anna, you now have a heap of info to digest from various sources. Only you know what is best for you and what will work.

anna787, Feb 8, 4:05pm
WOW! Everyone thank-you so much, I am so sorry i thaught people had stopped posting so i stopped checking. I am now getting pen and paper and writing down notes.

Have really enjoyed the website thanks,
Cookessentials: thank-you for your advise, i will keep sureslim in mind if i begin to struggle but to be honest i am a snacker and 5 hours between meals sounds like torture to me!

everyone else: thanks for advice, I have eaten low fat all my life so eating more fat will be difficult for me so i wont be overindulging i am going to start by switching my low fat dairy to normal and go from there but will eat lots of veges too.

To be honest i am struggling to get my head around the idea that fat is not bad but there is so many of you and you are all so damn sure that i feel u must be on to something!