Best brunch restaurant in Christchurch please ??

fran_02, Jul 28, 3:04am
Recommendations please for a weekend brunch ? ?

chrisandco, Jul 28, 3:18am
Cafe Roma for me! ! Or Drexels seems quite popular as well.

245sam, Jul 28, 3:31am
A few weeks ago we made a return visit to Browsers Garden Cafe (so-called because it used to be a garden centre). They're at 110A Riccarton Road ('phone 348-7779). I'd definitely recommend them for both good food and good coffee. :-))

neil_di, Jul 28, 4:07am
The Beach cafe at wamairi is great.

greerg, Jul 28, 5:49am
Yes Browsers is a frequent lunch stop for us in the weekend but they do do a really good breakfast - a casual friendly place.

mandajay, Jul 28, 6:09am
Oooo cafe Roma! ! Delicious although a bit pricey :) Probably need to book

undercut, Jul 28, 6:27am
I prefer HOME, cheap and fun. Set up outside weather permitting, plan a day or 2 ahead for a nice meal and enjoy. Saves you alot of money that way.

katalin2, Jul 28, 6:51am
Vics, Oddfellows, Under the Red Veranda where on a fine day you can sit under lovely old trees, The Crumpet Club. Also a little place corner of Armagh/Barbadoes st if you want lovely organic food- a little dearer. Have also recently had nice brunch at the Vicarage;also at the Tea House.

manthy89, Jul 28, 6:51am
I like Beauvais on Yaldhurst road, Ground Floor cafe on ricc road is good but normally really busy

marcs, Jul 28, 7:28am
Strawberry fare (or Fair not sure). Yummy.

sumstyle, Jul 28, 8:41am
Ooo yeah, I vote for the Crumpet Club too. Strawberry Fare have nice coffee, but service can be a bit ho hum.

Mondo Cafe on High Street is my most favorite though.

sweetpea01, Jul 28, 8:44am
Can't go past Drexels - been there many times over the past 20 years and never ever been disappointed

gordy8252, Jul 28, 11:26am
Drexels or Vics never been disappointed with either

winnie231, Jul 28, 11:57am
Went to Drexels in Riccarton last school hols - my eggs benedict were good but miss 13 disappointed with her french toast!
"They tried to be too fancy" were her words ... very thickly sliced bread which was soggy with uncooked egg mix in the middle.
Not good!

Have been to Cafe Roma in the past - very good but pricey!

dragon500, Jul 28, 11:58am
I also recommend Drexels, love their waffles, no-one else seems to do them. Also like Cafe Roma and Beauvais.

oathm8, Jul 29, 12:43am
Bridgets - Merivale! ! !

aqua7, Jul 29, 2:22am
Vics, Browsers or The Cup in Cashmere

deus701, Jul 29, 7:49am
I like Mediterranean Food Company at 322 Tuam St. They do pastas, gelato and sells medi/italian foodstuffs.

Actually I just go there for coffee, sit around in the collasseum like courtyard with alfa romeos in the carparks. How italian is that?

distantthunder, Dec 9, 9:59pm
Ground Floor - riccaton road