Dunedin restaurant recommendation please.

Page 1 / 2
bedazzledjewels, Apr 4, 8:32pm
Not top class/super expensive, but somewhere I can get some beautiful fish or a great steak. Central city please as i won't have wheels. TIA.

tam39, Apr 4, 8:36pm
The reef on george street. We go there alot and they have awesome seafood dishes but also steak and there is a vegetarian dish on menu as well. Good prices too.

cookessentials, Apr 4, 9:22pm
I am pretty sure that Fleurs place is also in Dunedin or so a customer said. I have checked out her site though and there is no mention of Dunedin city.

cookessentials, Apr 4, 9:24pm

suzanna, Apr 4, 9:30pm
Fleur's other restaurant is in Oamaru and nothing like her Moeraki one.

shelleigh, Apr 4, 10:31pm
Fleur's Place is at Moeraki and her restaurant in Oamaru (The Loan and Merc) is in the Historic Precinct.
http://www.loanandmerc.co.nz/

bedazzledjewels, Apr 4, 10:37pm
Thanks everyone. A pity Fleurs isn't in Dunedin too. I so enjoyed my visit to her Moeraki restaurant.

beebs, Apr 4, 10:44pm
a good steak is to be found at Angus steak house

vmax2, Apr 4, 10:45pm
There used to be a restaurant down lower Stuart St, served good fish and salad, real basic but good.Don't know if it's still there.Where are you staying in Dunedin bedazzled!There are lots of cafes and restaurants in the Octagon area.Dunedin used to be my home town.Mornington Tavern used to be good but you'd have to get a taxi.

bedazzledjewels, Apr 4, 10:49pm
Staying on York St(!). Saw the menu for Bacchus which looked good.

vmax2, Apr 4, 10:53pm
Lots of restaurants/ cafes/ pubs down that end of George St.You just need to go walk and find one.Whether it's good quality food like you and I like is another story.But you won't be short of food.The NW supermarket isn't too far from there either.

tam39, Apr 5, 12:08am
the angus steakhouse is crap and so is the service.

rainrain1, Apr 5, 12:16am
a good steak is to be found at Angus steak house

eeny meeny minee mo
I had it recommended but have not been yet

tam39, Apr 5, 12:20am
Have been there twice, and both times have waited over an hour for our meal and when they finally arrived the waiters didnt even know who had ordered what. The meal was average and wouldnt go back. Lonestar is good for a steak and within walking distance. Lots of cafes and restuarants in the octagon. Ra bar have good meals too.

rainrain1, Apr 5, 12:21am
The Ironic is a nice place to eat. staff are fun

babytears, Apr 5, 5:59am
I love the Lone Star for a great Steak. or a dish that's called Blackfoot Fish. great meals, very reasonably priced too

razell, Apr 5, 8:23am
Huntsman steak house on George St always has good steaks

jazzryn, Apr 6, 1:21am
Best Cafe in Lower Stuart Street do great fish meals, really fresh and not too dear

vmax2, Apr 6, 2:06am
Best Cafe, that's the one I was referring to.Real basic decor and simple food, but good.Didn't know if it was still going.

bedazzledjewels, Apr 6, 2:12am
Thanks so much for all your help everyone. TM rocks for this sort of info.

asue, Apr 6, 3:17am
nova in the octagon next to movie theatre and art gallery has nice food which they have won a few awards for

elliehen, Apr 6, 3:34am
Watch out for that Bacchus - he's a seductive dude ;)

vintagekitty, Apr 6, 5:12am
There are so many good places to eat. If meat is your thing, my choice would be The palms, Paasha (turkish), Bacchus, Gaslight, Two chefs Bistro (french - amazing) or our fav - Scotia. Being in York place its just as easy to walk up to Maori Hill and no 7 Balmac is absolutely fab - or Luna. I think i'd pick #7 balmac over Luna - it's our reg haunt.
I disagree re Angus Steakhouse, we eat there regulary and think its great for a steak! and have a fantastic bar upstairs.All are in 10 min walking distance.

bedazzledjewels, Apr 6, 5:13am
Thanks VK - I think I need to stay several nights, not just one!

vintagekitty, Apr 6, 5:16am
oh absolutely. Are you staying with friends or a B&B!